2016 ST Stromer

D

Deleted member 803

Heard thru the grapevine that the next iteration of the ST2 will be even more upscale. It is evident that Stromer intends to compete at the top of the e-bike class.

Heard thru the grapevine that the next iteration of the ST2 will be even more upscale. It is evident that Stromer intends to compete at the top of the e-bike class.

I assume they build the Stromer to meet the requirements in the EU and Switzerland. What's confusing is that when they come to the US, the bike is an illegal, unregistered, uninsured motorcycle in many states, like mine. I understand a 22 year old guy with a bad job riding over-powered cycles, but the demographic for a Stromer is people with assets.

Given the cost pressures at the low end of the market in the US, everyone will want to be at the high end. But it's a few too many standard deviations away from my norm to be 'real'.

Thanks 86 for the news. I knew something was on the drawing board . I'll start saving for my ST3 .

@86 and still kicking @Ravi Kempaiah I don't own an eBike, I just read the all the BS in the forums and have come to the conclusion that the ST2 is over priced and under rated. Along with any 2016 model Stromer comes out with that's up-selling bells and whistles over functionality and usability. I'm not in their target market for consumers anyway so WTF do I know/care.

Can confirm. There are some pretty sweet upgrades for 2016.
We won't see them here until spring 2016 but the announcement should come sometime during the Eurobike this year.
Keep an eye...

Thanks 86 for the news. I knew something was on the drawing board . I'll start saving for my ST3 .
I am not sure you will be able to save enough money...LOL

Stromer's strategy is clearly aimed at replacing the vehicle for commute in those markets that view bicycling with some priority. The new St will be priced (at least based on what I know of the feature set) at something significantly higher than the current ST2.

@86 and still kicking @Ravi Kempaiah I don't own an eBike, I just read the all the BS in the forums and have come to the conclusion that the ST2 is over priced and under rated. Along with any 2016 model Stromer comes out with that's up-selling bells and whistles over functionality and usability. I'm not in their target market for consumers anyway so WTF do I know/care.
Might I ask why you post so heavily in a forum in which you are not a vested participant? And if its all BS, then what value does this forum hold for you?

I post here in the EBR forums because I love cycling and riding my bicycle. While I used to be a "vested participant", I am not any longer; I owned one, an eBike, but it was thrashed in shipping and didn't work so I sent it back.

Additionally, I didn't say "it's all BS", what I said was "I read all the BS." That's two completely different sentences, with different meanings. As far as the value of this forum, and it's holdings for me, they diminish daily. Which is why I have kept my postings to areas/bikes of interests. Unfortunately I indulged in my cynicism too much.

I assume they build the Stromer to meet the requirements in the EU and Switzerland. What's confusing is that when they come to the US, the bike is an illegal, unregistered, uninsured motorcycle in many states, like mine. I understand a 22 year old guy with a bad job riding over-powered cycles, but the demographic for a Stromer is people with assets.

Given the cost pressures at the low end of the market in the US, everyone will want to be at the high end. But it's a few too many standard deviations away from my norm to be 'real'.

Agreed. I still think that the sweet spot for ebikes (as a consumer, or perhaps for manufacturers, too, considering higher sales volumes) is in the $2,500-$4,500 range, but whenever companies like Haibike, Stromer, or Spitzing offer something north of $7,000, they seem to sell out of dealer inventory real quick, so I can understand why they're trying to focus on more expensive models. Too rich for my blood! ;-)

Back