2016 ST Stromer

So many discussions about torque.
It will be interesting to see if it the DI2 will be powered via the Stromer main battery, or whether it need its own battery pack to be charged separately.
Not sure, perhaps why they are supposed to be upping the battery capacity. DI2 systems have low power requirements and can typically run for 90 days without a recharge.

Actually, a lot of people buy ebikes that can go 30MPH. The Stromer ST2 does, whereas most Haibikes don't. And mid drives are not necessarily any better than rear hub motors. My rear hub motor ebike climbs hills faster than the Haibike FS RX does. If anything, rear hub motors have proved to be more reliable than mid-drives. It is a shame that the Stromer lacks at least a front suspension fork, however, there are many other options on the market for consumers to choose from.

Actually the dealer I bought my ST2 from alluded to the fact that a suspension fork may be coming for the ST2 from Stromer.

Actually the dealer I bought my ST2 from alluded to the fact that a suspension fork may be coming for the ST2 from Stromer.
That would be great for some. I tested the ST2 quite a bit and the big tires and the carbon fork doing a very good job of road damping so even at my age I do not feel the need for a front fork, which adds even more weight to an already overweight bike.

Ah yes, I had seen that (thanks to the link in your previous post), however that's just a Suntour fork that has the brake lines attached externally. I was hoping for a Stromer "custom" version to preserve the original internal brake lines feature. You know something with an exact color match, a Stromer logo and $100 premium price tag.

Not sure that is a Stromer supplied part but offered by a dealer?????
It was listed in the same section as all of the other original Stromer parts, so I assumed that it was.

It also says "The suspension fork kit was included in the European type-approval and can be retrofitted in all ST2 Stromer e-bikes, without a new authorization or vehicle inspection is necessary." This seems to indicate that Stromer included this build configuration when the bike was certified...

Here is the full listing of parts: http://www.elektrofahrrad24.de/spezial-ersatzteile-stromer#.VcAlKlUViko

Last edited:
It was listed in the same section as all of the other original Stromer parts, so I assumed that it was.

It also says "The suspension fork kit was included in the European type-approval and can be retrofitted in all ST2 Stromer e-bikes, without a new authorization or vehicle inspection is necessary." This seems to indicate that Stromer included this build configuration when the bike was certified...

Here is the full listing of parts: http://www.elektrofahrrad24.de/spezial-ersatzteile-stromer#.VcAlKlUViko

You could also fit a really nice FOX fork.
Here is an example.

http://www.pricepoint.com/Brand/Fox...FIT-120mm-26-QR15-Tapered-Black-Fork-2013.axd

... you can buy a suspension fork for the ST2, but with all my experience, I couldn't find a reason for.

Could someone give a reason*), why a suspension fork is necessary on ST2?

*) type of roads / speed / medical aspects

*)) I forgot: the look is also a valid reason.

Last edited:
Could someone give a reason*), why a suspension fork is necessary on ST2?

*) type of roads / speed / medical aspects

*)) I forgot: the look is also a valid reason.

Public roads with occasional potholes at speeds above 20mph. If your ebike is going above 20mph, I think that a front suspension is a requirement. Not everyone shares my opinion, however.

anything for my back or my rear end , especially on my longer day trips, that helps, even a little is worth it to me :)

Even at my age I am less inclined to soften the front end as I like the handling better with a rigid fork. I can lighten my grip to control shock to my shoulders and neck. I am concerned about jamming my back so I ride with Body Float which allows me to isolate my back from abrupt road hazards. To each his own...

ST2 is unique for turnkeys in that it is stealth, has extremely large battery capacity, and is connected to the web. Its hard to find bikes with two of those three attributes. Having all three put it in a class of its own and can justify strong pricing even if the drive system is not that "special". And the drive has excellent heat management for a brushless setup so I would argue it is special too. it also charges twice as fast as most other ebikes, and is class 3. If you can get one discounted, it seems like an excellent opportunity.

???

Aren't batteries comprised of a voltage and then Ah?

So 36v or 48v and how many Ah?

My EVO Street battery is 36V and 11.6Ah.

Regarding suspension fork.

Thanks for your replies!

If 30km/h is absolute max. speed, a suspension fork could might sense on a ST1 or ST2. On such slow speed, the fork can be set very weak. In all other cases will the combination of carbon fork, balloon tires and low air pressure be sufficient. I came to this conclusion as I compared Stromer with a) rigid alu fork b) carbon fork + balloon tires @2.5Bar c) FOX F100 / 32 – RL

My recommendation: From several sources, I heard, the BodyFloat is marvelous. Instead of spending money for the (excellent on high speed) FOX, give it for the seatpost.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

When aggressively taking off from a stand-still in power level 3, it feels like an enormous amount of torque. It will pop a wheelie when taking off, and the rider needs to limit the amount of torque to keep both wheels on the ground.

I haven't ridden other e-bikes to provide a comparison, but the amount of torque on the ST2 is more than adequate.

I would not even waste your time, I happen to live in a place in SoCal with 3 relatively large bike retailers who all carry different products. While accompanying a friend who was undecided as to which to bike buy,I rode everything from a Haibikes, izips and Curry. After 2 days of riding other bikes, the experience did noting more than reafirm my purchase choice in the ST2. You know it within the first few peddle strokes that there is something much more responsive and powerful in the ST2.

Back