2015 Specialized Turbo service manual or how to I remove the rear brake line?

breals

Does anyone have the Specialized Turbo (2015 model is what I have) that I can download? I've had no luck with Specialized. I'm trying to replace the rear brake and I can't figure out how to remove the pegs or screws that hold the brake line on the downtube, under the battery. I figured that a service manual would show me how to remove them, without breaking them.

See the arrows:

You need to remove the battery and a rubber piece that runs down the middle. I think it’s a 2mm hex to remove the “holders” of that brake line. I think there are six? There was an owners manual but it does not mention how to do this operation, it was actually very limited.

There are three (3) little bolts on the battery side, and then the "plug holders" on the downtube that are pressed around the cable. The downtube side plugs are in snug even after you unscrew the bolt and you need to pull them out. I tried pushing them out from the battery side didn't work, so I carefully used the brake cable.

Be very very careful with the bolts on the inside, if you drop one, you are likely taking apart cover at the bottom of the cranks to get them out. This didn't happen to me but it was what I was thinking about the entire time.

They should have just put brazons on the downtube to simplify the whole thing, it feels over-engineered for looks. It's a hell of lot easier to add/remove zip-ties.

Back