How to remove rear rack and front fender on a Turbo Tero 4.0 EQ

alpinegeek

Region
Europe
Hello, I bought a Specialized Turbo Tero 4.0 and would like to use it for trails on the weekend, how can I temporarily take of the rear rack and front fender off my bike ?

how can I temporarily take of the rear rack and front fender off my bike ?
Don't.
Ride your e-bike as designed.

If you really want to bomb downhill, get yourself a proper DH bike. Not necessarily an e-bike.

FYI, I have kept the rear fender and the rack on both my Vado 6.0 and Vado SL even if I ride these e-bikes in mild off-road. I do not change the nature of my steeds. They have never been designed for downhill singletrack rides. Tero is a cross-country/city e-bike.

Last edited:
Hello, I bought a Specialized Turbo Tero 4.0 and would like to use it for trails on the weekend, how can I temporarily take of the rear rack and front fender off my bike ?

have you attempted to do so? should be a matter of a few hex keys for the front fender. rear rack has a light integrated and is also attached to the rear fender.

front.JPG

rear.JPG

Don't.
Ride your e-bike as designed.

If you really want to bomb downhill, get yourself a proper DH bike. Not necessarily an e-bike.

FYI, I have kept the rear fender and the rack on both my Vado 6.0 and Vado SL even if I ride these e-bikes in mild off-road. I do not change the nature of my steeds. They have never been designed for downhill singletrack rides. Tero is a cross-country/city e-bike.
So you mean that if I’m going to do easy trails without jumps, drops and everything, it’s ok to keep the fenders on ?

So you mean that if I’m going to do easy trails without jumps, drops and everything, it’s ok to keep the fenders on ?

You're 14 yo , stefan is not. Remove that rack whilst you still have a use for testicles.

Mschwett has provided some good pictures, if they aren't self explanatory then you could either ask at the lical bike shop to watch the mechanic and absorb super powers of mechanical aptitude....or see if your school / local bike club offer bike maintenance courses ( and if they don't, you could get them to start offering it)

You're 14 yo , stefan is not. Remove that rack whilst you still have a use for testicles.

Mschwett has provided some good pictures, if they aren't self explanatory then you could either ask at the lical bike shop to watch the mechanic and absorb super powers of mechanical aptitude....or see if your school / local bike club offer bike maintenance courses ( and if they don't, you could get them to start offering it)
I admit I had to walk my bike down from that specific hill :) Would not attempt a downhill ride on rocks on that specific e-bike!

Stefan, I'm trying hard to adjust to normal for age advice. Looking back over old photos, my daughter organised a school fundraiser mtb day when she was 12 ( so most of the kids would have been 13) . I tagged along as part of the support.

The "beginner " group were kids with no or limited previous mtb experience, and most of them were borrowing bikes from the school . These are bikes that had been destined for land fill, but the year 9 students had an elective where they could restore / fix up donated bikes. Variable state of reliability would be a fair description....Anyway, it was a 2.5 hour group ride, we started off on single line green trails but by the end of that 2 hours were doing easy intermediate stuff - drops of about 60 cm , small jumps, berms etc.

NONE of those bikes were as capable as a vado.

I'd be surprised if a 14 yo on a vado is still crawling along after a couple of hours, and judging by what I saw on that day I'd be suggesting temove the rack.

Sorry, no pics of the group, I'm not posting pics of other peoples kids on a public forum. BUT , the second " intermediate" group were tackling this on those borrowed bikes by the end of the day ( and learning how to deal with snapped derailleurs) - it's a near verticle drop into a berm shaped rock, That's my son at 13 on his sisters bike ( size large scott genius) . Imagine doing that on a hardtail with a rack....

358677BD-387C-4954-9D0D-3F83EAD6B49D.jpeg

Back