2015 Evo Series Bikes @ Dealers / In-Stock When?

My reason for not considering the Nitro's is because of my stature and needing a more relaxed riding position, as well as needing a step thru design.

Question about the Evo Jet. It's one that comes in a size that I could ride, however, it is a more aggressive position with the handlebars. Can a taller stem be installed on this particular bike or is the cabling too tight and in order to do so cabling would have to be redone?

Question about the Evo Jet. It's one that comes in a size that I could ride, however, it is a more aggressive position with the handlebars. Can a taller stem be installed on this particular bike or is the cabling too tight and in order to do so cabling would have to be redone?

You can swap the handlebar for a more comfort oriented one like the City or a riser handlebar. This doesn't require you to reroute the cabling.
Extend the cable only if you plan to use riser stem. Again, it really depends on your height and preference for comfort. Have you test ridden an Evo Jet?

Evo Jet.JPG

Hi Lenny,

No I haven't test ridden any eBike yet. I hope to test a few on an upcoming trip in a couple weeks. My height is 5'0" and my preference for comfort is to avoid neck/back pain.

I have a Specialized Vita Hybrid bike (avatar picture) and that riding position caused me back & neck pain so I ended up having to have the rise adjusted by about 3 inches, and the cabling had to be extended as the existing cables were too short to accommodate a change in rise. I can see the Jet and other similar hybrid-type bikes have that same riding position, which is why I was asking about existing cabling length and the ability to accommodate a different handlebar or stem in order to achieve a more upright riding position than stock.

PowerMe, I would agree with Lenny and first ride one to see just how it feels. If then you need more stem rise, you can get a stem with much more rise than the stock one. If you then opt for possibly a different handlebar and find the cables are now too short, we offer cable extender kits that our dealers can provide for you.

Hi Lenny,

No I haven't test ridden any eBike yet. I hope to test a few on an upcoming trip in a couple weeks. My height is 5'0" and my preference for comfort is to avoid neck/back pain.

I have a Specialized Vita Hybrid bike (avatar picture) and that riding position caused me back & neck pain so I ended up having to have the rise adjusted by about 3 inches, and the cabling had to be extended as the existing cables were too short to accommodate a change in rise. I can see the Jet and other similar hybrid-type bikes have that same riding position, which is why I was asking about existing cabling length and the ability to accommodate a different handlebar or stem in order to achieve a more upright riding position than stock.
The Jet cabling should be able to accept 3" additional rise, and cabling can be changed out to longer if needed, wiring seems no issue. You might consider an adjustable stem which there are many available on the aftermarket this will allow you to fine tune your handlebar height and reach. The Jet uses a standard 1 1/8" threadless stem. There are also extenter/adapters which will allow you to mount the exsisting stem at a higher position but are far less flexible in achieving that just right fit. You might also consider the Evo City Wave which I am told will come with an adjustable stem. The Neo City has a tool less adjustable rise which was a popular feature, however that is the old wedge style steerer, not adaptable to a threadless headset. Fortunally there are still brand new 0 mile Neo City models available although the quanities and frame sizes may be limited. With your shorter stature an Evo Eco Lite should also be a consideration and it has a much more upright positioning and will accept a City style stem if more positioning is needed. Be aware that the City and the Evo Eco Lite maintain rim type brakes so if high performance braking is critical to your riding style the Evo line with the exception of the Lite are all hydraulic disc. Sorry to ramble on but know that information is always helpful, the most important thing is to do some test riding especially when fit and comfort are concerned...hope this helps.

Thank you so much, Lenny!

My first choice as of right now, without ever having seen it or ever ridden an eBike, is the Evo Street. I looked at the Evo Jet as an option "just in case" and mostly because it can fit a short woman. I will hopefully (cross my fingers) see some Evo bikes in about 2 weeks and take some test rides when I'm on a trip to an area that happens to have a very good and active eBike store. There aren't any Easy Motion dealers near me so this is my chance, if they get stock in by then.

PowerMe, EVO Streets started showing up to dealers this week and we have very good availability. EVO Jets have been in stock for a couple of weeks now and smart dealers brought in both models. EVO Streets were the #1 2015 bike pre-ordered and for good reason, fit, features set, and best in class value and performance.

You may have to travel a bit to find an EM dealer, hopefully not too far, but you will be well rewarded. Let me know if I can be of assistance in finding a dealer for you where you can test ride these bikes.

Hey Undercover,

I've posted about the dealer I will be visiting in FL at least twice before and asked you if you knew what they had on order, but I never heard back from you. Here is the info again:

STORE I'LL BE VISITING IN FL FEB 24 2015

Also, I live near Raleigh, NC. There's only 1 eBike store in this area and they do not carry Easy Motion. There's no Easy Motion dealer within 4 hrs of where I live.

Last edited:
Hey Undercover,

I've posted about the dealer I will be visiting in FL at least twice before and asked you if you knew what they had on order, but I never heard back from you. Here is the info again:

Also, I live near Raleigh, NC. There's only 1 eBike store in this area and they do not carry Easy Motion. There's no Easy Motion dealer within 4 hrs of where I live.
Lilrich is our tech expert. Hope we were able to help you with that info.
The store you mentioned seem to carry the EM Neo lineup. Better to call them and check if they are receiving their Evo line up.
If you're unable to find the Evo Street model, we should be able to help you with that.

Hey Undercover,

PowerMe I live in the Miami area and have visited the Electric Bicycle Store in Ft. Lauderdale MANY times.. They also have (had?) a much smaller shop in Miami Beach. My last visit was a year ago, so take from this what you will.

Pros:
They have a huge variety of electric bikes for sale in different price ranges.
They have used eBikes for sale that they will stand behind, somewhat.
They will let you demo ride the ebikes in the very nice neighborhood.. I've taken their bikes out for an hour no problem, just to check range.
They have a dedicated service shop for ebikes, next door.. You can talk to the mechanic if the owners don't catch you...
They stock a lot of ebike spare parts.
And if you believe them they are the largest retailers of Hero/Eco bikes in the Nation...

Cons:
They don't budge much on price.
They will tell you things that just arent true, and you won't know it unless youre well versed.

When I was looking in 2009 I walked in the shop and asked them what the best bike was.. Straight away they said the A2B Metro. And let me demo their bikes to prove it to myself.. They were right. Bike turned out to be a reliability nightmare but that wasn't their fault.

So I've purchased two eBikes since 2009, an A2B Metro and a Stromer Elite.. Test rode both of them at their store, but bought somewhere else. I gave them the chance to earn my business but they wouldn't price match other LBS. Since my parents were poor immigrants from Sicily, my culture does not permit me to pay retail..lol

http://www.theelectricbicyclestore.com

Last edited:
Thank you JoePah, I appreciate that feedback. That shop is where I will get to demo ride some eBikes simply because it's near where my mom lives now, and I'll be visiting her for a few days, but I'm not expecting to purchase on this trip. This go-round is only to be able to experience riding some eBikes to see how it feels in general and what might be good for me and not good for me so I can make a better and more informed purchase.

Thank you JoePah, I appreciate that feedback. That shop is where I will get to demo ride some eBikes simply because it's near where my mom lives now, and I'll be visiting her for a few days, but I'm not expecting to purchase on this trip. This go-round is only to be able to experience riding some eBikes to see how it feels in general and what might be good for me and not good for me so I can make a better and more informed purchase.

Here's a glimpse of the Evo Street bike.

I'm on my way to Ft. Lauderdale where (hopefully) I'll get a chance to ride some eBikes tomorrow and/or Wednesday while I'm visiting family. I was even going to bring my own bike helmet but I didn't have room in my suitcase. ;)

Back