20"x3.00" road tire recommendation for XP 2.0?

Danny Troy

Region
USA
After having used only road tires on my prior e-bikes, and the fact that I never ride off-road, I'm thinking about replacing my XP tires to quiet the ride a bit. I'll keep the knobby tires as spares for my wife's 2.0 step-thru. Any recommendations, especially something I can get on Amazon. Thanks...

After having used only road tires on my prior e-bikes, and the fact that I never ride off-road, I'm thinking about replacing my XP tires to quiet the ride a bit. I'll keep the knobby tires as spares for my wife's 2.0 step-thru. Any recommendations, especially something I can get on Amazon. Thanks...
Actually, Rad Ebikes sells the 20x3.25 Kenda Kraze I switched to and they have been super. The rim on the XP 1.0 is just the slightest bit wide to drop to a 3" tire so the 3.25 fits nicely. Supposedly Kenda beefed up the tire for the Rad labeled version. Rad sells it for less than I could find it anywhere else.

Rad Ebikes sells the CST Big Boat 20X3 and Kenda 20x3.3 K-rad both are a good compromise. I was able the get the Kenda Kraze from them in a 3.25 but don't see it on their site in the 3.25, it's available in a 4.25 though. The Kraze is a slick tread and quiet as a mouse but your hub motor will still be heard.

Attachments

• 16369105120994611178008039672745.jpg
    16369105120994611178008039672745.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 428
here's some slick ones i found on amazon
Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like the Amazon Sunlite tire is the only game in town, at a reasonable price. It seems that 20x3.00 is hard to find in a non-knobby tire. Maybe if more Lectric 2.0 riders want to switch and there's more demand, more retailers will stock them.

I installed the Kenda Flame tires I bought from bicyclebuys.com. Free shipping (after adding a tool to meet the free shipping price) and I got the tires in 3 days. They had one of the best prices on the net, at $34.99 each. Seems to be a solid company, although there are mixed reviews on resellerratings.com. There were no markings indicating rotation, and I couldn't tell from the tread pattern, so I installed with the logo on the left side. I'll test ride today, weather permitting.

file:///home/chronos/u-0641488819a9fa1777aff8362d5ac2a3cd2632ec/MyFiles/Downloads/Amazon.com_%20Shinko%20SR241%20Front_Rear%20Dual%20Sport%20Tire%20-%203.00-16_Black%20_%20Automotive.mhtml

Hi Folks!
I use these Motorcycle tires on my 2021 OG XP 1.0 (The final batch) (AKA- Dual motor Racer-X signature series)... And they are awesome!
BoomChick is on the right track. They're very quiet.
I didn't need too much extra pressure to put them on either
As mentioned, I run the dual motor set up so the extra weight is no issue at all.
I had been running Tannus armor but they unbalanced my front hub motor so badly,
I had to keep my hands on the bars or the front end would shake horribly...
Now with the new tires...And the Tannus out, no hands is no problem and I have zero fear of flats.
They are rated for speeds beyond my bikes capabilities and should be the last set I need to buy for many years.
I also added tubes with threaded stems to hold them in place!.. Awesome!!
I ride paved bike paths, streets and dirt trails..
Cheers everyone!!

Racer

Last edited:
Hi Folks!
I use these Motorcycle tires on my 2021 OG XP 1.0 (The final batch) (AKA- Dual motor Racer-X signature series)... And they are awesome!
BoomChick is on the right track. They're very quiet.
I didn't need too much extra pressure to put them on either
As mentioned, I run the dual motor set up so the extra weight is no issue at all.
I had been running Tannus armor but they unbalanced my front hub motor so badly,
I had to keep my hands on the bars or the front end would shake horribly...
Now with the new tires...And the Tannus out, no hands is no problem and I have zero fear of flats.
They are rated for speeds beyond my bikes capabilities and should be the last set I need to buy for many years.
I also added tubes with threaded stems to hold them in place!.. Awesome!!
I ride paved bike paths, streets and dirt trails..
Cheers everyone!!

Racer
Thank you for your feedback. What is the name of the tyre?

Studded my 3-16 motorcycle tire for Minnesota ice and snow

Attachments

• IMG_20230306_212511255.jpg
    IMG_20230306_212511255.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 122
Back