2 pin splitter for brake light ?

Mr-T

Region
United Kingdom
so i've fitted a KT controller and found out that it don't support a brake light, if i put a splitter cable between the brake lever and the 1t5 cable can i use the other 2 pin to feed the brake light?

Tony

probably not i would guess the sensor circuit is 5v and limited to a few tens of ma so insufficient to power lights.

It may be an unused feature? check the controller pcb and specs for an unused 'brake light' solder pad and check its maximum rating if there.

Though a $10 'smart' gyro controlled back /brake light that responds to rapid drops in speed is probably the easiest solution.

Yes, using a splitter cable between the brake lever and the 1t5 cable could potentially allow you to connect the brake light. Check electrical compatibility to avoid issues.

That splitter cable is operating at 5 volts or less with very little current available.

There is no way it could power a brake light, but it should have enough power to activate a relay.

The only way to connect a brake light is with a 5 Volt relay switching the 36V or 48V power feed on and off.

The trigger current if this relay is only 5 mA.

Screenshot_20240104-122948_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20240104-123322_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20240104-123038_AliExpress.jpg

Back