Julet 3 pin to 2 pin for E-brake?

Mr-T

Region
United Kingdom
As title i've got a kt controller and it has a three pin julet plug for the e-brake but my current brake on has a two pin julet, is it possible to get such a plug or do i have to make my own?

Tony

As title i've got a kt controller and it has a three pin julet plug for the e-brake but my current brake on has a two pin julet, is it possible to get such a plug or do i have to make my own?

Tony
only two wires are used open or closed.

Yes, if you have the IT4 4-in-1 cable for a KT controller, it comes with the yellow three pin Julet, while many ebrake levers use the red two pin Julet. I bought some red connectors and grafted them onto the IT4 cable.
Sorry. Didn't document the wires in the yellow connector. I recall only two pins are active, One is ground. The other is the brake sense line.

Yes, if you have the IT4 4-in-1 cable for a KT controller, it comes with the yellow three pin Julet, while many ebrake levers use the red two pin Julet. I bought some red connectors and grafted them onto the IT4 cable.
Sorry. Didn't document the wires in the yellow connector. I recall only two pins are active, One is ground. The other is the brake sense line.
3rd wire is for a brake light if I remember right....

I would do the same though. Change the connector on one side or the other.

I make adapters for projects like this using these pigtail connectors.

51fWvqmJfeL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Use an ohmmeter to determine the pinout and splice a 2 pin male to a 3 pin female.

Truth. I find it’s much easier to do it yourself than trying to find the right adapter and hope that it’s pinned right. Cut it, test it, verify it, make it temporary, test it again, make it permanent.

thanks for the advise guys, i might give it a go and make my own but something else i have to get around is that my throttle has a 5 pin plug as it has a horn button on it and my front light also has a three pin where the horn is build into the light, now i get the three wires for the throttle but the two other ones i'm assuming would be power up to the horn switch and power back down to the 3rd pin on the light/horn cable?

does anyone have a diagram of how the cables are joined in a 1t5 controller splitter?

Tony

thanks for the advise guys, i might give it a go and make my own but something else i have to get around is that my throttle has a 5 pin plug as it has a horn button on it and my front light also has a three pin where the horn is build into the light, now i get the three wires for the throttle but the two other ones i'm assuming would be power up to the horn switch and power back down to the 3rd pin on the light/horn cable?

does anyone have a diagram of how the cables are joined in a 1t5 controller splitter?

Tony
Sometimes taking the throttle, or any other device, apart can give you a hint regarding how it works and what wire does what...

Then, there's the thought that throttles and lights with more conventional connectors are pretty inexpensive....

Back