2 New Yamaha Models Coming ...

They will both be available this summer .
CrossCore RC (S–L, weighing 52.2 to 52.6 pounds) ; Ouch ! , ... was hoping for lighter . :(

Wow. That gained a lot of weight. The current one w/o suspension fork is 43.5 pounds. Heck even the Cross Connect (which seems to be what it's more actually replacing) is lighter at 50 pounds.

So I guess the Wabash and CrossCore have identical frame?
color_photo_002-1.jpg

color_photo_001-1.jpg
If that's the case , I would consider swapping the drops for flats .

You were complaining the new CrossCore is nearly 10 lbs heavier.

The difference between rigid fork and suspension fork can't be 10 lbs..

Also, if I'm not wrong, the new motor is 100 gram (0.22 lb) lighter than previous CrossCore.
I was complaining of the weight? Where do you see that?
And, correct, different forks don't make up the weight difference, thus the "among other things" part.

Why the aggression? I'm sharing news and information I gleamed from them.

Sorry I didn't meant to be aggressive at all. My apologies if I seemed that way.

I don't know if you were complaining or disappointed, a little difficult to see the situation over forum.
No worries. I have no personal stake in these bikes. Just reporting and sharing info.

"We're about to unveil two new E-Bikes that will propel the industry forward, offering unprecedented levels of power, poise, and responsiveness."
This one looks very tempting and can't wait until it comes out and reviewed.

but not seeing anything in the specs that is different or better than any one of a dozen offerings from other companies.

Like what? Everything else starts at several hundred dollars more with less warranty, or isn't a mid drive. Or is an online only direct sales brand startup. For Crosscore RC.

The truth is the most practical and versatile ebike type, a class 3 mid drive commuter, just isn't very common among the ebike startups and the retail brand ones start at $4k or so. Ride1up has the upcoming prodigy (with only 1 year warranty), that's all I know, plus the Zen bikes whenever they arrive.

Though with the dealer markups which I didn't know about, the dif is a lot smaller.

Back