2" Hitch ebike rack for a Jeep Wrangler

Jeepster17

Region
USA
Looking to get a bike rack for my boomerang platinum edition bike that will work on a four door 2015 Jeep Wrangler. I have a 2" hitch on the rear.
Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Looking to get a bike rack for my boomerang platinum edition bike that will work on a four door 2015 Jeep Wrangler. I have a 2" hitch on the rear.
I’m getting the Kuat 2.0 rack tomorrow. You can get a ramp for it. $849 for the rack, $98 for the ramp. I’ll be 80 in November. Just can’t lift Trek 54 pound bike any more.

Archeric
Does this rack work on a Jeep Wrangler?
Go to etrailer and put in your auto data. They will tell you if the Kuat is compatible. I presently have a Yakima. I think it is called a 2 up. I have had it for more than 5 years and hauled my bikes from PA to FL many times and from my home to my cottage. Love it. But I need a ramp. Ifyou don’t need a ramp look at the Yakima. Nothing touches to frame on this Yakima or the Kuat. A hook arm goes over the front tire.

There are many racks available that will fit your Jeep. If you do a search here on EBR for "Bike Rack", you will see many threads on the subject.
The Kuat mentioned above is a good choice but a bit pricey. 1Up, Thule and Yakima also have suitable products if you check out their web sites.
Make sure the rack you choose will handle your relatively heavy Boomerang. This is especially true if you plan to carry more than one bike.

BTW, welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place to ask your questions!

I’m getting the Kuat 2.0 rack tomorrow. You can get a ramp for it. $849 for the rack, $98 for the ramp. I’ll be 80 in November. Just can’t lift Trek 54 pound bike any more.
I upgraded to that rack, extremely satisfied and I don’t see any issue to your Wrangler.
I put 2 Trek Powerfly e bikes on it and very sturdy.
To avoid heavy lifting, I line bike along the rail and lift front wheel on it and then move it forward and then lift rear end to end of rail.
Same thing for second bike but move it at an angle to avoid peddles hitting front wheel arm mechanism on 1st bike.

IMG_20200807_164851331.jpgIMG_20200807_164520075.jpg

Rocky Mounts Backstage, I also use this rack on my Wrangler with a hitch extension. This rack my be too high for some people to lift their bike onto.

Back