18,000 Km in under 16 months!

Ken S

With the summer weather already upon us on the West coast my winter 1000 km/month rate is now getting up to 12-1300.

I should be coming up to another maintenance overhaul (first and only one was at 10,000 km), -but nothing is showing any wear or "slop". Bottom bracket is tight, chain shows little wear -same with the gears, shifting is smooth.... The motor is quieter than a mouse, rim and spokes are solid and brakes show little pad wear (now). I do have to use some caution as wear does tend to creep up on one like the frog in the pot of cold water.
The later brake pad wear issue just on the front (in wet weather) was definitely solved by changing the Magura brakes to Shimano, -with the orientation of the Shimano pad opening to the side rather than open at the top the amount of grit getting into the pad area is now kept to the minimum.

So, I hear that apparently 18,000 is some kind of record, -at least a logged record for ebikes, to me it's just a pleasure. It keeps me smiling all the way there an back again past all the line ups, allows me to eat what I want, and keeps my car parked and very very dirty. It is getting a wee bit embarrassing, think I will wash it some day.

Enjoy your ride.

With the summer weather already upon us on the West coast my winter 1000 km/month rate is now getting up to 12-1300.

I should be coming up to another maintenance overhaul (first and only one was at 10,000 km), -but nothing is showing any wear or "slop". Bottom bracket is tight, chain shows little wear -same with the gears, shifting is smooth.... The motor is quieter than a mouse, rim and spokes are solid and brakes show little pad wear (now). I do have to use some caution as wear does tend to creep up on one like the frog in the pot of cold water.
The later brake pad wear issue just on the front (in wet weather) was definitely solved by changing the Magura brakes to Shimano, -with the orientation of the Shimano pad opening to the side rather than open at the top the amount of grit getting into the pad area is now kept to the minimum.

So, I hear that apparently 18,000 is some kind of record, -at least a logged record for ebikes, to me it's just a pleasure. It keeps me smiling all the way there an back again past all the line ups, allows me to eat what I want, and keeps my car parked and very very dirty. It is getting a wee bit embarrassing, think I will wash it some day.

Enjoy your ride.

Great stuff, Ken!
keep racking up those miles...

Back