What are your Falco settings?

difranco

Working on getting my Falco motor settings just to my liking. There's lots of variables, so I thought it might be interesting to start a thread where Falco owners share their settings, and some info about why they like those settings. Could make for some good "recipes" to try out. : )

Last edited:
Falco : P

500w Rear Hub, w/ tube style battery 36v 11.6a

My latest settings are:

Left column:
Turn on speed: 60
Base activation current: 5
Flip TS Command: 0
TS Turn on value: 5

Right column:
Turn on delay: 7
Turn off delay: 18
Max TS Value: 8
TS Offset value: 0

I've got the original Tidalforce ebikes (1.0)….and too a EMS E+ M-750 (2.0). My interest was in the 1000watt or 1500watt Falco (3.0) version to compare performance. I'm using the max voltage allowed @ 46.2v.

What level performance are you getting?

Everything on mine is at the defaults except for Max TS Value which is set at "1" (I like a lot of help) and the TS Turn on Value is set to "3" for the same reason. :)

I'm @ 31.5mph level (195lbs) on the original TF ebikes, and can get 39mph on a slight downhill pedaling hard (53t/11t).

So....what level top speed are you getting, and @ what weight?

I'm @ 31.5mph level (195lbs) on the original TF ebikes, and can get 39mph on a slight downhill pedaling hard (53t/11t).

So....what level top speed are you getting, and @ what weight?

I've had it up to 35 mph with a slight wind at my back, and then my bike runs out of gear. I just ordered a new Freewheel for it with an 11 tooth gear. That should help. I weigh about 170. Here's a picture of it.
OVREcRzRwi5OsHSG39KzSCmguVBlL1.png

Well...that works. I ask only because I was looking into the 1000watt or even the 1,500 watt @ the max voltage of 50v. I tend to only use three of the smaller or higher gears on a 7spd freewheel, in my rides, and even a single 11t would work for me on a Tidalforce 3.0 ebike around 25-30mph ave speed .

Any issues or hiccups with the wireless setup, as I too tend to prefer a hardwire connection? I'm always changing lithium batteries, or connection issues, with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my iMac. :)

Well...that works. I ask only because I was looking into the 1000watt or even the 1,500 watt @ the max voltage of 50v. I tend to only use three of the smaller or higher gears on a 7spd freewheel, in my rides, and even a single 11t would work for me on a Tidalforce 3.0 ebike around 25-30mph ave speed .

Any issues or hiccups with the wireless setup, as I too tend to prefer a hardwire connection? I'm always changing lithium batteries, or connection issues, with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my iMac. :)

Oddly, I was sure the wireless was going to be this thing's achilles, but so far it's been perfect. I haven't had it lose connectivity even once. There's still a weird quirk going on with my motor where it doesn't retain the settings after a reboot though. The owner said they could probably fix it remotely by updating the firmware, but he also offered to upgrade me to the 750 watt motor if that's what I'd prefer.

I guess you and I are of the same mind. I want it to be as FAST as possible. I NEED it to be as fast as possible. So as it is, I tend to ride it full out in Level assist "5" all the time, in my top Gear (currently 13T) pedaling as fast as I can. I'd much prefer to have a little more motor in my pocket and not be pushing the 500 to it's limits all the time. So they are going to swap it out for me. A guy on another forum said his 750 Watt motor can do 35 mph all day long in Level assist "4". :)

i noticed the last post here was years ago...is there anyone out there who can tell me what to do to connect my falco flash app to my motor?...i have the f7.7 system and so far cant access any adjustments...if you can help please email me at [email protected]...thank you

@gandalf Once you install the software on your phone. Go to your battery and turn it on. wait 20 seconds or so then open the phone application and click on the blue button. That will start a search for devices that your app can connect to. When you see the Falco motor select it and the application should load up the values that the motor has. Should be the default values, seems like if I make changes when I shut down the battery the changes are lost. So I have to make the changes every time. I can't tell you what to set the changes to as I just got my bike up and running a week ago and the bike shop did the initial work. If you make a change you have to broadcast the change from the application to the motor. Sorry I don't know more, this site needs to be advertised by Falco so it can get more members to help one another with Falco settings. I have an android phone and the f7.9 48V/750W/672Wh eBike System and they had me download "Falco Flash BLE from the Google Play Store".

Not sure if you can get to this or not it is a shortcut they sent to me https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Vx09jbhlBtcnbdIu1F8Gaj6nP6lSwb7f

you have to double click on the folders it brings up to get to the content. I think even if you have a need for the other app it might help.

Last edited:
I finally have my tour easy set up with my f7.9 system! It is AMAZING!!
I have gotten so much help from this forum and especially from Harry, who has walked this non-techy girl thru so much. THANK YOU!
I know I could ask these questions directly to Harry and he would gladly help me, but if I put them here, maybe they will help someone else like me.
I only have a few rides under my belt so far.
My 1st ride to try all the hills around home that I normally avoid was 27 miles, I averaged 16.5 and my battery was at 47V when I finished. Yesterday I did a much hillier ride of 42 miles and took opportunities to regenerate often and finished the ride with the battery at 64V, it was on a path, so a slower ride.

I now want to fine tune the system to me. It is so amazing that you can do that! I have a friend with a BionX and she does not have that ability.
First, what I want from the system.
Since I switched to a recumbent, I miss being able to do group rides. I don’t care about speed, but would like to have enough to stay with groups in the 12-15 mph range. I do ok on flat rides, but those are few and far between in my part of Georgia. I also am very interested in having power available in the 70 mile range, distance is important to me.
Me, my bike and all the stuff I carry regularity weigh about 225.

I have set my assist levels starting at 1 with 4, 8, 14, 20, 24, 26. So far I have only used level 4 once, mostly I use 1 & 2,with 3 for steeper short climbs. This has given me a natural ride feel, with close power for hills

Here are the areas I struggle to understand.
Turn on Speed (10), Turn on Delay (30) & Turn off Delay (05).
I would like the motor to kick in quickly, but also not stay on a long time after I have gotten to speed, thinking this will help conserve battery.
I did the calibration test to start me off and have my dropout offset at 12 per the test.
I have the torque multiplier at 12, and that seems good.
What does the Base Torque number represent and how/why would you change it from the preset 03?
What does the Torque Sensor Turn ON do and how/why would you change it from the preset 05?

Thank you all for your help and advice!

Once again thanks Harry, I had not found that video, it helped a lot.
I still am not sure about the turn on speed. My is set at 10 and you use 25. What does a higher number do for you?

Once again thanks Harry, I had not found that video, it helped a lot.
I still am not sure about the turn on speed. My is set at 10 and you use 25. What does a higher number do for you?

The turn on speed is in motor RPM. With your 700c wheel a value of 10 is just shy of 1mph (11.6 rpm = 1mph) So, once your speed is 1mph AND you exceed your torque sensor turn on value, the motor will turn on after the turn on delay.

In my case, I was experiencing an intermittent issue where when I stopped I could still feel that the motor had not shut off completely. I could feel it "grumbling". I consulted Rakesh and he suggested I increase the turn on speed to 50. I split the difference and set it to 25 (2.5ish mph). This resolved the issue completely.

I also lowered my torque sensor turn on value to the minimum of 3. This served to smooth out the motor on/ off cycling.

Hope that helps!

HB

Last edited:
Your explanation definitely helped. I do want a smooth ride!
I had visited and watched some of the YouTube’s for Falco, many were helpful.

It is my understanding there is no longer a need to do a torque sensor calibration for 2018 systems. Is this correct? I believe Harry uses his phone and not a display. Anyone else using the phone and any issues doing so? The Dolphin battery pack allows a phone to charge from the battery.Thanks for these postings and Cherry thanks for the information.
Mike

@bowzette
Need or not, I love gadgets and geeky stuff so I did it anyway. I believe you are correct in that the latest generation is much less sensitive to the differences in bike frames and dropout angles. I would put that question to Rakesh.
You are also correct that I only use the iPhone app. There are 2 issues. Both are being corrected in the next update.
One is that intermittently you have to fiddle around to get the battery type recognized. The other is that when in regeneration mode the watt hours consumed continues to count up. This has actually led to an indication of negative watt hours remaining and miles. As I said, both have been corrected.
Also, turbo mode is not accessible with the app but it is with the console. This function is available in the latest update. Rakesh has assured me that the release of this update is eminent.
HB

Back