10 Different bike saddles, and still a sore ass

Sheldon Brown was one of the most trusted authorities in cycling prior to his death. His advice still lives on through his original blog. There are now other contributors to the blog, but this one on saddles is nearly the same as it was when I was searching for the perfect saddle in 2014. I found mine in a Brooks B17 Imperial that now has tens of thousands of miles on it. Sheldon didn't promote that saddle, or any other over another. It was his advice that led me to my forever saddle.

With so many different styles of bikes, with so many different riding styles; along with sizes, shapes and weight of riders I don't know how to ask for a recommendation on brand and expect it to work out. I did have one friend that rode the kind of miles I did, a similar style of bike and was about the same age and fitness I was and he told me that my saddle was too large and soft to be comfortable. I also think anyone who infrequently rides will have some discomfort. Butts and saddles break in with time and miles.

Best of luck!
B17 enough said, tried so many others but keep coming back to BROOKS

Back