Grace MX2 - the coolest

Court - I agree - Good to see the likes of FORD, DAIMLER, AUDI, et. al. competing in the surging electric bike market. These deep pocketed corporations can add awareness, stability, and serious momentum - methinks.

Court - I agree - Good to see the likes of FORD, DAIMLER, AUDI, et. al. competing in the surging electric bike market. These deep pocketed corporations can add awareness, stability, and serious momentum - methinks.
Thanks for the support, I try to be objective and fair but obviously there's opinion and excitement mixed into these reviews. The timing of the review also matters (what's available) and boiling it all down to one number is tricky but I try my best to do a good job ;)

And while speaking of German Automobile Manufacturers entertaining ebikes try:
That's kind of fun... pretty shameless stunts but I love the stoppy towards the end. It's neat that ebikes can go for extended wheelies :)

Reactions: DHS
Hi, folks! I'm new here ;-)

I have had the great pleasure of being the happy owner of a Grace MXII Urban pedelec for a few months now and thought I'd share some of my thoughts.

Firstly, I fell for the bike mainly due to its design. It looks stunning! And even better in real life than on pictures. I still keep catching myself watching how its reflection looks when I cycle past big shop windows!

Secondly, I was intrigued by the belt/gear combination, and after having tried it for myself and compared it to other bikes, I had no problem deciding what I wanted. The only thing that held me back to start with was the price. But eventually I decided to go ahead and buy it, and have never looked back since.

The combination of the Nuvinci 360 stepless gear and the Bosch v2 engine is working flawlessly. After getting used to the bike I now more or less continuously adjust the gear setting while cycling to maintain just the right feel. This works great. It really does!

And I am not the only one raving about the new Schwalbe Big Ben tires? They are simply the best tires I ever tried, and are a fantastic match to this bike. They work great both on gravel and asphalt as well as on forrest tracks. Thats all I need. They are very comfortable, and the low rolling resistance is great too.

The bike is not light with its 23.5 kgs (51.8 pounds). I am actually a little puzzled about the fact that the off-road version with it's Rockshox fork, can be 1.5 kgs (3.3lb) lighter. It may be the Nuvinci gear weighing more perhaps...

Anyway, I'm a bit on the heavy side myself and the weight of the bike doesn't bother me at all. I thought, when I bought the bike that I eventually would change the rigid fork with a Rockshox fork (comes standard on the black S-pedelec), but the fact is that after having used the bike for a while I am simply amazed by how comfortable the rigid Grace fork is in combination with the Schwalbe tires and don't think I'll be changing it after all. It is also a bit of a looker, as it matches the design of the rest of the bike perfectly.

One thing I suspect could be a little better is the rear Avid 5 brakes, this isn't because they're not working well, but I have a feeling that the Shimano XT-brakes would be a little smoother. The front Avid Elixir 5 brakes are very good although feeling a bit rough. I would have preferred the 7 or 9's better levers with the easier adjustment of handle positions, but that's not a big deal. Also the B&M Lumotec front light could have been better. I compare it to my Lupine Betty flashlight and it really is in a completely different league. But I guess Grace didn't find it worth it spending another $500 on the lights.

All in all this is a fantastic bike. I have had good, well equipped bikes before, but really didn't know a bike could be this much better. Just for the record, I have no relation to Grace whatsoever and all I said above is correct to the best of my knowledge.

Go give it a try for yourself!

All the best from
IVerE in Oslo, Norway.
Very happy Grace owner!

excellent and congratulations. I hope we see more of your contributions and of course = pics ;-)

I have had the great pleasure of being the happy owner of a Grace MXII Urban pedelec for a few months now and thought I'd share some of my thoughts.

Firstly, I fell for the bike mainly due to its design. It looks stunning! And even better in real life than on pictures. I still keep catching myself watching how its reflection looks when I cycle past big shop windows!

Secondly, I was intrigued by the belt/gear combination, and after having tried it for myself and compared it to other bikes, I had no problem deciding what I wanted. The only thing that held me back to start with was the price. But eventually I decided to go ahead and buy it, and have never looked back since.

The combination of the Nuvinci 360 stepless gear and the Bosch v2 engine is working flawlessly. After getting used to the bike I now more or less continuously adjust the gear setting while cycling to maintain just the right feel. This works great. It really does!

And I am not the only one raving about the new Schwalbe Big Ben tires? They are simply the best tires I ever tried, and are a fantastic match to this bike. They work great both on gravel and asphalt as well as on forrest tracks. Thats all I need. They are very comfortable, and the low rolling resistance is great too.

The bike is not light with its 23.5 kgs (51.8 pounds). I am actually a little puzzled about the fact that the off-road version with it's Rockshox fork, can be 1.5 kgs (3.3lb) lighter. It may be the Nuvinci gear weighing more perhaps...

Anyway, I'm a bit on the heavy side myself and the weight of the bike doesn't bother me at all. I thought, when I bought the bike that I eventually would change the rigid fork with a Rockshox fork (comes standard on the black S-pedelec), but the fact is that after having used the bike for a while I am simply amazed by how comfortable the rigid Grace fork is in combination with the Schwalbe tires and don't think I'll be changing it after all. It is also a bit of a looker, as it matches the design of the rest of the bike perfectly.

One thing I suspect could be a little better is the rear Avid 5 brakes, this isn't because they're not working well, but I have a feeling that the Shimano XT-brakes would be a little smoother. The front Avid Elixir 5 brakes are very good although feeling a bit rough. I would have preferred the 7 or 9's better levers with the easier adjustment of handle positions, but that's not a big deal. Also the B&M Lumotec front light could have been better. I compare it to my Lupine Betty flashlight and it really is in a completely different league. But I guess Grace didn't find it worth it spending another $500 on the lights.

All in all this is a fantastic bike. I have had good, well equipped bikes before, but really didn't know a bike could be this much better. Just for the record, I have no relation to Grace whatsoever and all I said above is correct to the best of my knowledge.

Go give it a try for yourself!

All the best from
IVerE in Oslo, Norway.
Very happy Grace owner!

Wonderful to hear, IVerE.

Norway seems very friendly towards EV culture and has highest number of Tesla Model S sales after the US. MX2 is a beautiful machine and I was wondering if you could elaborate on the range (km/miles) you're getting on your bike?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum IVerE! Thank you so much for the thoughtful overview of Grace MX2. It's always nice to have a first hand account and also get the critical bits about where things could be improved a bit. Feel free to share some pictures or video sometime if you get some good shots or use the bike off road in the snow or something. Some of my ancestors are from Norway and it's a beautiful place! Maybe I will get to visit sometime and we can go for a ride :D

Would like to see some REAL people on their ebikes ;-) Where are the most friendly ebike cities and towns?

Would like to see some REAL people on their ebikes ;-) Where are the most friendly ebike cities and towns?
I think Holland is the most bike friendly place on earth hands down. Also Portland, Oregon San Francisco, Vancouver, BC.

Got my GRACE MX2 S-Pedelec a month ago.
A wonderfull bike for commuting !
just added a Cane Creek Thudbuster for more confort (had to drill a little hole for the rear light wire in the seatspot).
Nu Vinci + Carbon Drive + Bosch Performance drive is the ultimate combo.
No maintenance, great riding experince.
I had 2 little problems to fix :
- headset vibrations, I had to tighten it as it has not been done properly to start with
- problem with seatpost collar (saddle going down even when strongly tightened), if you have same problem let me know, i will explain how to fix it.
Still questionning myself on the potential need for a fork ... would love a Cannondale lefty Supermax Carbon :) , but not sure it's reasonable !
IMG_1331S.jpg

Last edited:
I'd register, run turn signals, license et all to ride that Grace tank around (German Moped), with a 3000 watt motor and 1.5 Kv battery that is, who cares if it is 150 lbs, it would still be a light motorcycle. I'm a little uneasy bombing hills at 35 on my Dash, want some beefy components for that action. dig?. -S

I'd register, run turn signals, license et all to ride that Grace tank around (German Moped), with a 3000 watt motor and 1.5 Kv battery that is, who cares if it is 150 lbs, it would still be a light motorcycle. I'm a little uneasy bombing hills at 35 on my Dash, want some beefy components for that action. dig?. -S

@Shea N Encinitas , you're talking about Grace ONE or Grace ONE Pro, this is MX2 and more like Dash.
I wish Grace ONE had some options for suspension fork. Every motorcycle is a full suspension vehicle and riding hardtails at that speed is not going to be super pleasant.. :(

Yes, in reference to the first video, the heavy duty beastie, commit to a licensed ride that can do 30 mph easily, and with a construction that inspires confidence. And you're right, a shock would rock, think I heard Chris was it, describe a lower stanchion design, a bit lost in translation but looking good for options.

I can't be trusted on a crotch rocket, so this level of build with the power I boldly daydreamed about would be a nice in-between for me, VS a full on e-moto bike, even at a great price ;)

The Grace MX II Urban with suspension fork is one of my finalists for a new ebike. However, I called a handful of bike shops listed on their website and four indicated they hadn't decided whether or not to carry Grace.

Should I be concerned about dealer support for the Grace bikes?

The Grace MX II Urban with suspension fork is one of my finalists for a new ebike. However, I called a handful of bike shops listed on their website and four indicated they hadn't decided whether or not to carry Grace.

Should I be concerned about dealer support for the Grace bikes?

In my view the complexity of any expensive ebike requires proven long term service support. Hopefully you'll never need it. Think about the nightmares if your dealer folds. One of the big reasons I chose the SMART for ONE from Mercedes/Daimler is their proven service availability 150 + years. I believe SMART hired Grace to help with their design and it shows - great value in my 1300 Km experience - no problems nor fear of legendary Mercedes support disappearing.

Last edited:
Back