My Espin Sport

So at first the noise was only when pedaling... and seemed more near the crank, but later it developed a second noise which is closer to the rear and it continues even when not pedaling.

I had a guy come over yesterday and adjust the derailleurs and check the crank and the rear hub and he doesn't know where the sound is coming from (the rear hub sound didn't happen until this morning's ride).
might be good to to reach out to Espin customer support and report back on their diagnosis.

I did.

I'm just a bit irritated because you expect something to just work so this sours my experience.

I guess that's why you buy at an LBS.

But at least @Taylor57 and others are not having any issues.

So at first the noise was only when pedaling... and seemed more near the crank, but later it developed a second noise which is closer to the rear and it continues even when not pedaling.

I had a guy come over yesterday and adjust the derailleurs and check the crank and the rear hub and he doesn't know where the sound is coming from (the rear hub sound didn't happen until this morning's ride).

I found with my earbuds in and my music turned up, I hear very little bike noise...

I did.

I'm just a bit irritated because you expect something to just work so this sours my experience.

Right now my only complaint would be I feel my front wheel and my handlebars are out of synch by a minor smidge. I tried loosening the allen screw under the rubber plug on top of head set but I couldn't get it to budge...

Right now my only complaint would be I feel my front wheel and my handlebars are out of synch by a minor smidge. I tried loosening the allen screw under the rubber plug on top of head set but I couldn't get it to budge...
I got my Sport tonight. I Don’t have a bike stand so I found it easier to put the handlebars on first before the front wheel. I know the video shows at the other way around. But the handlebars were just hanging there and I thought they might get damaged. I am a novice and have never assembled a bike before. So I had trouble with the front wheel because I didn’t realize that I needed to take those black disks off the nuts.

Congrats @Gl90265 ... tell us how your first ride was.
I haven’t taken a ride yet. Got too late. It seems that the front disc might be rubbing the rotor on one side. How do I adjust if it’s necessary? Also, did everyone have to add air to the tires before the first ride. Mine see under inflated.

I was leaning toward blue, but after the real world pics of the black, I’m not so sure anymore:)
@BET: would you mind please posting a few picks of you blue Sport? Thanks.
I will try. My bike Iooks just like the blue cobalt one on the Espin web site. I bought the chain guide on Amazon. Called: Bike Chain Guide MTB Bike Protector : Road Bicycle Mountain Chain Guide Tensioner with Hollowed Design for Single Disk Sprocket, Front Dial Smooth (Black) It is "Amazon's choice" for" bike chain guard." 4 /5 stars. $28.99. (Prime). Sold by M8ay1show. Aluminum. Put in on my son's Ride1up 500. Fairly universal size. Ended up taking it off. Interferes with the battery.

Last edited:
Why not? Is he still recovering from the injuries or afraid to get back on the horse? I have seen very few comments about chains coming off on Ride1Up bikes. LumpyDog said his chain only came off once, and it was from hitting a really large bump. Hopefully, the chain guard resolves the issue with your son's bike.
Yes he was injured. Waiting to heal. I am sure getting hurt took some of the fun out of riding. Plus he is in HS and school just started. It has also rained a lot lately.

Hi BET,What size Suntour and shim and what company did you use? I have a 30.4 hung up in customs on Aliexpress.
I got a 27.2 Suntour suspension seat post and a Muqzi seat post adapter: 27.2 to 30.4. Seatpost from E bay. Adaptors from Amazon. I got extra springs from Suntour.If you are looking for a water bottle holder I got the Kbrotech water bottle cage holder mount adapter that attaches to my handlebar. It will also attach to seatpost. Now I can mount water bottles. You can attach 2 to each, one on each side. My handle bars are crowded but this sits behind the bar once attached. Aluminum. Espin recommended it.

Last edited:
My Sport is out for delivery. Taylor57 how long did you charge the battery before using it the first time. This is my first E bike and I don’t have a bike stand for assembly. Can I do it without the stand and do you have any tips since you just assembled yours. I really want to get out riding today.
The Espin is really easy to assemble. Easier than the Ride1up. You don't need a stand. Just make sure everything is tightened properly. We used a pedal wrench we had on the pedals. I like the fenders and rear rack. Mine do not make any noise. I especially like the rubber on ends of fenders in case you kick them. The only thing I did not like are the pedals. My foot slips off. Got mountain bike pedals with more grip and better biking shoes.

Espin rep says PAS settings can be adjusted only at the factory. also, the Sport is already set to max speed. they advise against messing with the default settings on the computer, doing so could affect performance.
The Sport is plenty fast for me.

Ok, so I'm lovin my Sport and decided to find an extra 27.5 x 1.95 spare tube. Must be a tough size as I cant find one on Amazon. Any secrets?
Amazon, They are out of stock now but I got Eurobike RUR 2 pics 27.5x 1.95 Mountain bike inner tube 48 mm Long Schrader Valve bike tube.

Get a longer Allen socket and maybe a breaker bar or a 1/2" drive socket wrench

I did.

Hopefully it's just an adjustment or worse case if a part needs replacing they'll take care of it

I haven’t taken a ride yet. Got too late. It seems that the front disc might be rubbing the rotor on one side. How do I adjust if it’s necessary? Also, did everyone have to add air to the tires before the first ride. Mine see under inflated.
To stop the rubbing, the brakes on my 700 I mostly put together yesterday are rubbing a bit, you loosen the Allen bolts that hold the caliper a little then shine a flashlight where pads contact the disc. Then spin the wheel slowly and see where it's rubbing then shift the caliper until it isn't then tighten. If the disc isn't bent it should be easy. It's easier if you can get the wheel off the ground. I bit the bullet and bought a Bike hand stand on Amazon that's rated for over 100 lbs. Sucks that it cost about twice as much as last year but is worth every penny if you're going to work on the bike.

Last edited:
Back