Zugo battery warranty

Mikeana

Bought a Zugo Rhino on 11/18/2019 & the bike was delivered 12/302019. 6 mos after using the bike i experienced random power loss. I have to get off the bike & push the battery back in to restore contact. Called the 800 number but was adviced to send email. Did not get a reply from my email until last 11/28/2020 when the bike lost power. When I arrived home i pulled the battery out & noticed the 2 pins on the discharge port were broken. Took pictures of the battery/ tray etc & called Zugo support for warranty. They refused to honor my warranty for 2 reasons:
1. Warranty has expired since I paid for the bike 11/18/2019.
2. I rode the bike “guite a bit”.
I thought the warranty starts when you received the bike instead of the date you paid & ordered the bike. I love my bike & used it everyday to exercise (I’m retired) but Zugo warranty & customer service sucks. I have no choice but to purchase a new battery as the bike tray is designed for Zugo battery only. If you decide to buy a Zugo save an extra $400 for the battery.

Proof of purchase is the receipt. Normally that’s when every warranty starts on everything I’ve purchased. Does their warranty say anything about the date? If you would have bought local, the warranty starts when you buy it.

From their own website, below. Question: why did you wait so long for a reply of your email to them? By their own definition, the battery failed within the warranty period, but I get the feeling they will always lean on their "We DO NOT cover wear and tear or USAGE on your battery." clause. They certainly have no problem dumping on a loyal customer.

Proving once again, these all too familiar, fly-by-night, here today/gone tomorrow ebike shysters strike again. This is why in the end, the best bikes are those from the high end manufacturers. I feel for ya.

Warranty Period:

• New Bike Guarantee - we offer full replacement of defective parts with free shipping in the US within the first 30 days of your bike order. After 30 days the customer is responsible for all return shipping costs to ZUGO. ZUGO BIKE will pay for shipping to the customer only.
  • For all PRODUCTS, this warranty expires 1-year from the date the PRODUCTS were delivered to the BUYER unless excluded from warranty or otherwise voided from coverage under warranty
  • Mechanical components are covered by a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
  • Bicycle frames are covered by a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
  • Battery packs are covered for a period of 1-year on manufacturer defects only. We DO NOT cover wear and tear or USAGE on your battery.
  • Other electronic components are covered under warranty for a period of 1-year from the date of purchase

Battery Warranty:

Batteries are warranted for a 1 year period from the date of original purchase. Warranty doesn’t include damage from power surges, improper maintenance, improper use of charger, water damage or other such misuse, including normal wear.

If a battery replacement is needed under our 1 year warranty terms, we will be requesting a mandatory $400 deposit to ensure the warrantied battery will be returned to our warehouse. Your deposit will be returned once we receive your return.

From their own website, below. Question: why did you wait so long for a reply of your email to them? By their own definition, the battery failed within the warranty period, but I get the feeling they will always lean on their "We DO NOT cover wear and tear or USAGE on your battery." clause. They certainly have no problem dumping on a loyal customer.

Proving once again, these all too familiar, fly-by-night, here today/gone tomorrow ebike shysters strike again. This is why in the end, the best bikes are those from the high end manufacturers. I feel for ya.

Warranty Period:

• New Bike Guarantee - we offer full replacement of defective parts with free shipping in the US within the first 30 days of your bike order. After 30 days the customer is responsible for all return shipping costs to ZUGO. ZUGO BIKE will pay for shipping to the customer only.
  • For all PRODUCTS, this warranty expires 1-year from the date the PRODUCTS were delivered to the BUYER unless excluded from warranty or otherwise voided from coverage under warranty
  • Mechanical components are covered by a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
  • Bicycle frames are covered by a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
  • Battery packs are covered for a period of 1-year on manufacturer defects only. We DO NOT cover wear and tear or USAGE on your battery.
  • Other electronic components are covered under warranty for a period of 1-year from the date of purchase

Battery Warranty:

Batteries are warranted for a 1 year period from the date of original purchase. Warranty doesn’t include damage from power surges, improper maintenance, improper use of charger, water damage or other such misuse, including normal wear.

If a battery replacement is needed under our 1 year warranty terms, we will be requesting a mandatory $400 deposit to ensure the warrantied battery will be returned to our warehouse. Your deposit will be returned once we receive your return.

Warranty Period:

Battery Warranty:

This is my battery with broken pin #1 & #5.

Attachments

• 8CD12824-3583-4BD7-82C9-D9C7AE9256EB.jpeg
    8CD12824-3583-4BD7-82C9-D9C7AE9256EB.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 329
  • 17544254-CD8C-44D6-AA6B-9B69CF686EA0.jpeg
    17544254-CD8C-44D6-AA6B-9B69CF686EA0.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 333
Bought a Zugo Rhino on 11/18/2019 & the bike was delivered 12/302019. 6 mos after using the bike i experienced random power loss. I have to get off the bike & push the battery back in to restore contact. Called the 800 number but was adviced to send email. Did not get a reply from my email until last 11/28/2020 when the bike lost power. When I arrived home i pulled the battery out & noticed the 2 pins on the discharge port were broken. Took pictures of the battery/ tray etc & called Zugo support for warranty. They refused to honor my warranty for 2 reasons:
1. Warranty has expired since I paid for the bike 11/18/2019.
2. I rode the bike “guite a bit”.
I thought the warranty starts when you received the bike instead of the date you paid & ordered the bike. I love my bike & used it everyday to exercise (I’m retired) but Zugo warranty & customer service sucks. I have no choice but to purchase a new battery as the bike tray is designed for Zugo battery only. If you decide to buy a Zugo save an extra $400 for the battery.
This is my battery with broken discharge port pins #1 & #5.

Attachments

• 6A8A01A1-09E3-43C4-B93A-BCA6DC5A0BB6.jpeg
    6A8A01A1-09E3-43C4-B93A-BCA6DC5A0BB6.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 544
  • D7FB0A57-7325-4880-BF69-77260F586648.jpeg
    D7FB0A57-7325-4880-BF69-77260F586648.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 332
Back