Zoom electric scooter moped quick review

Larry1298

Region
USA
I have owned several ebikes, scooters and gas mopeds in the past 20 years. And I love using them for different occasions: Ebikes when I need to exercise and cruise around the city; my gas moped when I commute to work everyday without getting too tired before getting to the office.

Last year, an ad for the Zoom electric moped scooter popped up on my Facebook feed, so I did some research online and took a gamble on this product. The scooter came to my door after 3 weeks.

Zoom was able to give me phone support even at night after my work for setting up the bike. After unpacking it, I charged it overnight. First off, the bike is quiet and smooth, and the anti-theft alarm gives me confidence that no one is going to be able to steal it.

On the first full charge, I was able to get about 50 miles of range, at speed up to 30mph.

Currently, I am looking for some add ons such as a big windshield and a big trunk. Zoom promised me a free cover but I am still waiting for it to arrive. I will keep updating my progress.

Update1: I was able to get up to 32mph today. The electric motor and disc brakes are very strong, so I have learned to smooth out my inputs to get a smoother ride.

Zoom Scooter Yellow front3.jpg

Last edited:
I sure hope scooter reviews don't become a thing here. Plenty of other places and forums on the internet for scooters.

I sure hope scooter reviews don't become a thing here. Plenty of other places and forums on the internet for scooters.

This is the off topic section. It's as good a place as any. A lot of us use micro-mobility vehicles as tools for covering distances. I for one hope to see more of this kind of thing. One less car is good for all of us.

This is the off topic section. It's as good a place as any. A lot of us use micro-mobility vehicles as tools for covering distances. I for one hope to see more of this kind of thing. One less car is good for all of us.
Thanks man. We are all trying to help make our world a little greener.

Finally received my free cover from Zoom. So they kept their words; i had earlier doubts though lol.

Update #2

I was trying to lock my scooter and activate the alarm for parking. Their FAQ was not too clear on the instruction. I had to call them but they were helpful on the phone. I learned that I can actually turn and off the scooter with just the remote, without using the key. pretty cool secret feature.

Back