Zoom brake part resource

Old-tool-guy

Region
USA
I dumped my bike on the concrete, scratched the paint and bent one of the brake levers. It’s a Ride1Up cafe cruiser. Trying to find a source for a new handle. Bikeparts.com has a nice selection of handles, but none branded Zoom, and when i sent a picture they responded that they don’t carry that. Anyone have a source i can check?

Attachments

• IMG_3870.jpeg
    IMG_3870.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 83
You get to pay less when you buy a generic parts eBike, now you see what happens when you need parts. I assume you called Ride1Up? I had my Magura lever in 2 days. I just Googled Jet brake levers and got pages of places to buy parts.

I wasn't aware that Jet handles would fit. However, i googled that, got lots of hits … but none seem to be the same configuration.

Will these work? Probably have to bleed them. They sell them on amazon and aliexpress, etc. This one is part of a cpomplete set I bought from China, left/right levers, two piston calipers, hose, and bleed kit, (along with the Zoom reputation for blowing up.)

I gotta believe the hose fittings are all the same thread,.

P1650967.JPG

Except for the color, that looks like a match. I asked Ride1Up and they sent me a link for that set. $138. Not going to happen. All i need is the handle. And actually, mine is bent, not broken, so i can probably get it bent back close to correct.

I'm going to a local shop for something else, i will ask what they have.

A Zoom 875 lever with caliper is 33 bucks, but has no electrical switch. HAven't seen where you can get the 876E as a single part,

A Zoom 875 lever with caliper is 33 bucks, but has no electrical switch. HAven't seen where you can get the 876E as a single part,
Harry … thanks for the tip, that’s just what i am looking for. Can i bother you to point me to a source. I have googled zoom brakes, and ebay and amazon, and i’m not finding anything.

Thanks, i have never bought from that source.
You have to keep your eyes open but over several years my experiences have been mostly good. When things went wrong I never got skunked on my money. Never mark an item as successfully received (Ali uses an escrow system that pays the seller when you acknowledge receipt) until you have had a day or two to evaluate it. And watch the shipping and tracking like a hawk. I just bought a DM03 display from Ali like a week ago. They cost upwards of $60+ from a decent USA vendor. I paid $40 and it turns out the Ali vendor shipped to me from a warehouse in Texas so I got it in a week. You can't always count on fast shipping though. Having an item take a month to get to you is not abnormal.

Just ordered a lever, predicting 3-4 week delivery. Actually ordered a pair of handles only, no cables or anything. $30 with shipping.

I've not had bad experience with Aliexpress. Shipping time is lottery budget on 4-6weeks but it can be variable. Recently <2wks except for led bulbs I ordered and gave up on eventually turned up 4months later.

Good prices on original Shimano parts. Lot of Amazon sellers source their products from Aliexpress so worth researching as items can sometimes be 1/5 -1/10th price.
Only real complaint about Aliexpress is terrible webpage and poor item information.
If there isn't enough info to be sure item is correct find another supplier.

I dumped my bike on the concrete, scratched the paint and bent one of the brake levers. It’s a Ride1Up cafe cruiser. Trying to find a source for a new handle. Bikeparts.com has a nice selection of handles, but none branded Zoom, and when i sent a picture they responded that they don’t carry that. Anyone have a source i can check?
Amazon has Zoom replacements. I ordered a set for my Espin Sport and they were here in a day or 2 and fit perfectly.

Back