YOU DECIDE:

Musgrave1

Region
USA
Earlier this winter I purchased 2 ebikes. One was Ariel Rider X52 and the other was Lectric step through folding bike. Both had problems when I recieved them. The Lectric had a broken dash computer from shipping and Ariel X52 came with a totally dead battery and inop charger. Lectric immediately sent me a computer replacement , no problmn. On the other hand nothing but lies and problmns from Ariel Rider.Obviously the battery had been dead from when it was built till i actually recieved it about 6 months later, from china. Ariel Rider people actually told me it was my fault for not charging it soon enough? Their manual says only that if i recieve it and battery is dead, that it would take much longer to charge. Their one year warantee says if the battery is bad they will replace it, not try to repair it. I have been lied to over and over . They even went so far as to say I deleted the warantee because i didnt charge it soon enough.I think the Ariel Rider X52 bike is pretty good ebike ,I just got a bad one, and many lies followed.So do you really want to deal with habitual liars or someone that stands behind their product? You decide.I can only state what happened to me,maybe you will be lucky?

Sad story for sure. I hope by now... 6 weeks later that the Ariel problem was finally resolved. I have two Lectric bikes and one 48 V Ariel X Class. The two Lectrics came perfect and work perfectly. I purchased the Ariel used with 300 miles on it and 4 months old. The owner decided to sell it and get a jet ski. Luckily the Ariel operates perfectly. The Ariel feels much more like a scooter that the Lectric's do. The Lectrics feel like motorized bikes while the Ariel does not. As you well know, if your Ariel is up and running, that there is a huge power difference in the bikes. I use the Lectric's if just riding for the joy of riding and enjoying nature. I ride the Ariel if I am going somewhere. I seldom peddle the Ariel because of the power available and less comfortable angle. I hope that you love both of your style bikes as I do mine. Please let us know the result of your Ariel issue.

Your story is not unusual. That's exactly why I travel 200 miles each way to test ride every eBike I buy. The first one has 7,100 miles and 6 years on it and have never been back to the dealer. When I read your title, I thought sure the moral would be to decide if buying from Internet only companies was worth the money saved. But instead you turned it into an attack on the companies. You don't believe in "You get what you pay for"?

Back