yeaaa, Ravi !!

irenewg13

Region
USA
City
MadCity, Peoples Republic of Madison
celebration-backgrounds-for-powerpoint-animated-ppt-templates-f8PyRB-clipart-1.jpg

Congratulations!

Yup, maybe taking some of the highways shaved some miles. (~148)

Seems you and I have been a bit excited and anxious, for him to be finished. I told him that I have kids his age, so just excuse me if I occasionally get parental about his speed on fast mountain roads.
In the Blue Ridge video there is some footage.

When I was in my 20s, I rode the Sierras, 4 x mountain passes in 6 days for a total distance of around 550 miles. We rode on early 1970s Campagnolo bikes with marginal braking on descents, silk sew-up tires, minimal safety gear, and no changes of clothes. We were clocked in the 40+ mph on some of the descents. With that experience in mind, I have been worrying about Ravi for the last 1000 miles.

But it has been interesting to follow him on Strava. What an achievement.

What is wrong with you guys!!
I had hoped that there would be updates on fb, re his well being, mostly. After all this time he could have kept riding in the dark asleep. So good that Rick was with him

Pics or it didn't happen? I know it did, but the blog and the sponsor's website were both inactive on the topic today.

Maybe the support team (one guy) and Ravi were too beat up to have any coverage.

Anyway, a memorable ride.

Definitely, they were the last people that I would expect to keep up the info.
I was hoping that employees etc might make comments on fb, once or twice a day. It is such a phenomenal feat, it just seemed news worthy.

We "ebike owners" are fortunate to have a loose sense of community. As you know Len just held the August annual party. Many of us have met Ravi, in the shop or at the parties. Many of them are probably anxious too. I'm sure Brad knows that

Happy to see the responses in the other thread. A big thumbs up to Ravi and another one for Rich too. Gotta be a tough drive following a bike and "protecting"the rider, especially when they took the interstates.

Happy to see the responses in the other thread. A big thumbs up to Ravi and another one for Rich too. Gotta be a tough drive following a bike and "protecting"the rider, especially when they took the interstates.

Thank you, Harry!
The way we planned was, Rich would drive 30-40 miles and stop at a pre-discussed point and I would then meet him, refill the hydration pack, change GoPro batteries and then keep moving.
I rode mostly on the shoulders of intertsates and backroads. One of the rules from Guinness is that I can't be drafting behind any vehicle whatsoever.

I am moving to Chicago in about 3 days. We should plan for a ride some weekend.

Congratulations, Ravi! What a phenomenal ride; it's a testament to what electric bikes can do and an encouragement to every person to get out there and RIDE! And tremendous thanks to Rich & Len for their support to make this happen and Stromer for an ebike that could take on the challenge; teamwork creates success :). I applaud you all for the persistence everyone showed to make this happen.

Thank you, Harry!
The way we planned was, Rich would drive 30-40 miles and stop at a pre-discussed point and I would then meet him, refill the hydration pack, change GoPro batteries and then keep moving.
I rode mostly on the shoulders of intertsates and backroads. One of the rules from Guinness is that I can't be drafting behind any vehicle whatsoever.

I am moving to Chicago in about 3 days. We should plan for a ride some weekend.
Ravi Wanted to ride but by the time you hit CA. you were flying. Even with an ST2 I could not of kept up. I am just so impressed cant wait to see so Video.
Jed

Back