Yamaha speedbox2 query

Hi Kit,I’m glad you are a lot less stressed after our last conversation,as things bed in they often need a tweak here and there to keep them running sweet E.G.mine developed a weird shifting issue and no matter what I did I could only get 7/10 gears shifting right,so I went to my lbc and asked for some advice,what happened next was amazing!they put the bike on the stand and went through it top to toe,and while this happed I was allowed to watch (and have a go)turns out my deuraileur hanger was 4mm out,I was in there a good 30mins and they wouldn’t charge me a penny! That’s one awesome local bike shop,but they also know I get all my bikes serviced there,and also recommend them to cyclists I meet.The point of this : don’t be afraid to aske for help!either myself or your local bike shop are here to help enjoy your awasome e-bike.

Last edited:
So I’ve been busy since my last post,in a quest to get my e mountain bike quicker on road sections but still retain all it’s off road abilities.Orignally I thought a quick ring change on the front would give me the extra speed I was looking for,but this proved to be almost impossible without damaging the frame.Then I thought about the rear cassette and BOOM the answer was so simple,I built a new back wheel with an e*thirteen 9-42 cassette,and what a difference! I can now get 65kmh at 95 rpm and easily cruise at 50kmh for a cadence of 60 rpm.

Hey Gdogg, On Jan 6th, you were going to swap out your 44T front sprocket for a 48T, but you thought it would be almost impossible without damaging the frame. On my Haibike, I don't see anything that would be damaged. What were you seeing?
Then, what is involved in changing to the 9-42 cassette?

Hi HammsBear,a 48t front was impossible as an SDuro treckking uses a slightly higher mount and a front mech that was almost impossible to get hold of,so taking the view that if I ever wanted to return the bike to stock I came up with this solution.A 9-42 e*thirteen rear cassette will lower the gearing in the same wa raising the front ring by 4t would give you,However changing the rear cassette gives me a better spread of options you do need a new back wheel (I built my own) with a sram xD driver,this system allowed me to use the stock medium shimano rear Mech and shifters.I now have a bike that is way easier to pedal the cog jumps are better spaced and I can obtain the same speed foe a lower cadence,I can ride any terrain easily clime like a mountain goat and keep with traffic on the road and because it’s easier on the legs it feels like the bike is 5/6 kg lighter! Hope this helps,ride hard stay safe.

Back