Yamaha pwx gearing problems

bestgripamerica

Hi guys i need help finding a hub replacement for my yamaha motor, i just purchased a Haibike xduro allmtn 8.0 and having big gearing problems and have to replace the actual gearing components for the ex1, the problem is that i dont know what to install in the front, can you help me ?

Hi guys i need help finding a hub replacement for my yamaha motor, i just purchased a Haibike xduro allmtn 8.0 and having big gearing problems and have to replace the actual gearing components for the ex1, the problem is that i dont know what to install in the front, can you help me ?
I'm confused in so many ways, unless the specs I see in multiple places are wrong or you have a hybrid 2017/2018 Xduro Allmtn 8.0, the only two years in which that model exists:

1. The 2018 Xduro Allmtn 8.0 specs a Yamaha motor but Deore XT (not EX1) drivetrain.
2. The 2017 Xduro Allmtn 8.0 came with EX1, but the Bosch CX motor.
3. By "hub replacement" do you mean the front chainring(s)?

Hubs are in the wheel, and front ones aren't part of the "gearing components." What's actually broken? Can you post pics?

Maybe your best bet is to check with the dealer you bought the bike from...

Sorry to confuse you, but my main language is french, the bike is actually equiped with xt at the rear and after around two hours of riding the rear gear start to skip, i dont know a lot about bikes im a motorcycle guy i have purchased this bike for training, whatever after looking closely to the rear gear i have realized that they way anormaly used and the bike was brand new so concluded that this gearing is inappropriate for that kind of torque and have changer for the ex1 components at the rear, my problem is for the front, i cant use the actual gears, im wondering what i can have instead.

There some pictures

Attachments

• 57DE9016-803C-4CCF-B0C8-571E4D055787.jpeg
    57DE9016-803C-4CCF-B0C8-571E4D055787.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,762
  • 72BA33F8-06CF-4111-9079-24E574806465.jpeg
    72BA33F8-06CF-4111-9079-24E574806465.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,516
Not quite, you don't have the front derailleur & second chainring.
Still trying to understand what the problem is from your description.
It's unlikely something would wear out in only two hrs of riding unless you've been very aggressive.
Sounds more like an adjustment issue of the rear derailleur.

Yea the front i had to remove it to be able to fit the ex1 at the rear but watever this setup is working now tanks for your help, the original gearing on this bike will not last long to anyone, trust me i dont even know why this bike was nominated with many awards, the guys who nominate probably didn’t ride long...

If you fitted a larger diameter cassette, the chain may now be too short.
Sorry, misunderstood.
You've replaced the original Shimano XT durailleur with a SRAM EX1

Last edited:
Not quite, you don't have the front derailleur & second chainring.
Still trying to understand what the problem is from your description.
It's unlikely something would wear out in only two hrs of riding unless you've been very aggressive.
Sounds more like an adjustment issue of the rear derailleur.
^^^THIS^^^
My Giant needed two derailleur adjustments in the first month. No worries.

Officially that pedelec comes with double dish plate 32/44 and cassete 11/42 ..

the fsa disch and cassete of haibike are in steel/aluminium ...... the ex1 are aluminum, the resistance to wear of the steel is greater than aluminum, let's say then that the steel holds many more kilometers and kilograms per square centimeter than aluminum both in plates and cassetes and derailleurs ... if they are heavier but much more resistant ..... the aluminum with ebike in transmission with torques of drive-unit of 80 netowm or 120 netom the last mid-drive wears quickly and more when we are in climbing the mountain .

that's why the chain jumps, etc, etc, etc. I wanted one of those but I did not get the budget .:)

A badly adjusted rear derailleur can also be the problem.

Last edited:
Back