Yamaha pwx fault

humber44

Region
United Kingdom
Hi Folk..
I thought I'd join this excellent forum after reading it for some weeks..
I own a Haibike fullseven 7 which is a good bike and I have been pleased with it until recently..it has a 5 year frame warranty but only a 2 year warranty on the electrics...it is now 8 months out of warranty for the electrics and the motor has packed in...fault code 062 flashed up...motor controller it says..I contacted haibike who said too far out of warranty goodbye!..new motor £900...so I'm pretty annoyed really...I've been told water damage is nearly always the cause..you cannot just buy the PCB board...seems like its not fit for purpose as I've never pressure washed it or been in deep water with it..my mates have older bikes of different makes and have no trouble..I thought Yamaha would be a reliable choice given they have been making e-bike for a long time..have any of you folks had any trouble or issues with the same motor...any help or advice would be great..thanks

Yep … bottom line, don’t buy an ebike… we are in the frontier and it almost seems this is a problem with most if not all ebikes. You could buy a new motor but there’s nothing new (yet)to stop water getting in exactly the same way. It appears that the crank bearings are the culprit that opens the seal door as they wear.
Good luck, let us know what you end up doing.
Hopin you Get back in the saddle asap. Cheers 🍻

Back