Yamaha PW swap to PW-X?

Nova Haibike

I know Yamaha does not sell motors or kits; I'm just more curious than anything else. But say the PW motor on my Haibike died. I know the PW-X motor is lighter and smaller, but does it use the same exact mount as the PW? When I look at the photos of the two, it does not look like the mounting points are similar. So yes or no?

What about the new PW se or st as they both have the same mounting points. I already need to replace quite a few parts on my sduro hardnine 4 2017, and I'm thinking of upgrading some parts like the battery, and possibly the motor.

What about the new PW se or st as they both have the same mounting points. I already need to replace quite a few parts on my sduro hardnine 4 2017, and I'm thinking of upgrading some parts like the battery, and possibly the motor.

Batteries are interchangeable between PW and PW-X and in between; either the older 400wh battery or the newer 500wh external batteries.

Don't have an answer for you about changing a newer PW motor for your older PW as I don't know where the dimension and mount points info could be found. The only advantage I can see of the newer, non PW-X motors is that these motors feature a higher cadence cut off point versus our older PW drives 90 rpm cut out.

The PW-X might also be more efficient but noisier. I don't think the PW display is compatible with the PWX or SE and newer motors. Maybe someone picked up an extra BH Rebel lite for parts from the $777 BBB deal:

Here are front & side views along with the display combinations for the Yamaha PW & PW-X.

1585119041975.png

1585120822773.png

Last edited:
It's newer, so it's quieter. The increase in cadence is noticeably better. It's an EU model, so it had to be modified for USA speeds. A model controller is nice and easy to find without looking. Overall I feel it was worth it only cause I got the SE cheap. Now to sell the PW on eBay!

Back