Yamaha Battery Display/Button Cracking

Johnitahoe

I have several yamaha batteries and they are all cracking around the battery display button. Curious if anyone else has run into this problem? What recommendations are there for fixing it? Thanks, John

Attachments

• image0-1.jpeg
    image0-1.jpeg
    390.8 KB · Views: 139
  • image1-21.jpeg
    image1-21.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 134
I would check with Yamaha about a possible recall / replacement. Maybe they can offer a fix. In the mean time, I would cover the cracked button to keep out moisture & debris. Something like these transparent waterproof bandages should work. They are flexible enough to see & operate the button through the material:

How old are the batteries? Are the eBikes left outside or in direct sunlight for long periods of time? Do you live in a high heat area? Most manufacturers warn of direct sunlight on the battery pack for long periods of time.

I have to say in all my years following this forum and others that I have never seen anything like this crop up. I have 4 total Yamaha batteries, including the original, model year 2016 400wh battery and absolutely no cracking on any of them. That only leads to one conclusion and that being you may be a bit too hard applying pressure to the button. Like the battery charger plug, it's delicate and like that charger plug, there is nothing sold by Yamaha to fix it. I would bet the house that Yamaha, if they elect to answer, will say you will have to get a new battery as no repair parts are available.

@6zfshdb has your only solution at hand. That and maybe a lighter touch.

Back