XP2.0 long range battery

zixis9

Region
USA
I'm considering purchasing the long range battery offered for the XP2.0 stepthru. wondering what your experience has been if you have one. If experienced, is the voltage range the same as on the regular battery? Regular goes from approx: 54V down to 41V. would that range apply to the long range battery?

I would assume the top and bottom voltage ranges are the responsibility of the controller and charger.

All the new battery provides is increased capacity through the use of larger-capacity lithium cells. The battery is comprised of 52 individual cells, each slightly larger than a AA cell. 13 cells are in series, giving a nominal 48 volts. There are 4 such banks, so the Ah rating is just 4x an individual cell rating of, typically, 2.5 Amps for 1 hour (2,500mAh). So the total is about 10Ah. The new pack is just made of cells with a rating of 3.5Ah, or 14Ah when in parallel. 14 x 48v = 672 WattHours. Nothing else changes. It'll take longer to charge but will give increased range.

I ordered two of those for our 2.0 step throughs when were looking for a little more range. They worked for that but left me with two pretty new 10ah batteries on the garage shelf. Shortly thereafter I found the Electric All Wheel site with his plug and play dual battery discharge modules for Lectric. Now running two batteries per bike and 24ah of range. Haven't really pushed them past 60 miles on a single ride yet...but still showing 46 volts at the end. https://electricallwheel.com/dual-battery-discharge-kit/
He also makes the plug on harness for connecting the second Lectric battery.... But I probably would have just gone with a cheaper second battery if I was thinking that far ahead...

Last edited:
thanks guys! 170 mi. on my XP2.0 I have a 10 mi. ride to the beach and I generally look at the voltage as my gas gauge. Its good to know I can continue to gauge my range using the new battery the same as the old. (learning curve) I recently left the house with 48V and the battery fully discharged at the beach. I was hoping to do that but locally, NOT at the beach. long ride home with no power. great bike but not the best pedalling one. I got the dreaded E006 error code. so ive discovered 41 V is an empty tank. so if I see approx: 43V Im recharging.

Back