XP rear wheel removal - help!

Saf

Hi, This is my first post and I did search before starting this thread.

i removed my rear wheel and now I need help remembering where the washers go. Was hoping someone can post both sides for me to get this thing back on the road.

assuming the washer with the tangs go on the outside under the nut... but that’s an assumption

i had a wicked crash a few months ago and been putting the thing back together with upgrades and now... forgot the assembly

thanks in advance!

For a hub-drive wheel assembly, you should have two washers with a centering tang that goes inside the frame tangs and locks the axle from turning.
Then a flat washer on the outside of the frame tang, and the nuts.

Is there other axle hardware present?

I had it figured out but it’s great to actually not guess. I’ve been upgrading for a month after a woman cut me off in traffic and damaged the bike. I’m wrapping it in vinyl now to make it stand out. Going to keep the logos but change them to the digital snow camo like the fenders

so far:
new LCD
chainring
handlebars
seat and post
headlights
tail lights
pedals

Attachments

• B25FAB87-A145-4AA3-98B6-791FA3C354A3.jpeg
    B25FAB87-A145-4AA3-98B6-791FA3C354A3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 645
  • 928919F2-C14B-493B-8279-F5E29EC4C9AD.jpeg
    928919F2-C14B-493B-8279-F5E29EC4C9AD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 558
  • 27DD42C2-377A-43D8-892C-5D4AA0ED84F5.jpeg
    27DD42C2-377A-43D8-892C-5D4AA0ED84F5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 601
  • 0815A6AA-12DC-48C4-8209-5BCF5DEEC485.jpeg
    0815A6AA-12DC-48C4-8209-5BCF5DEEC485.jpeg
    912.3 KB · Views: 564
  • 733A6D05-E761-4202-AD67-8F8F3641A839.jpeg
    733A6D05-E761-4202-AD67-8F8F3641A839.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 536
I had it figured out but it’s great to actually not guess. I’ve been upgrading for a month after a woman cut me off in traffic and damaged the bike. I’m wrapping it in vinyl now to make it stand out. Going to keep the logos but change them to the digital snow camo like the fenders

so far:
new LCD
chainring
handlebars
seat and post
headlights
tail lights
pedals
What seat is that?

so far: new LCD, chainring, handlebars, seat and post, headlights, tail lights, pedals

Nice set-up!

What are the handlebar grips?

I am waiting for my bike to arrive, but I already have the same Satori Anamaris suspension seat post. It seems rather stiff, and I am not sure if it will work with my 165lbs. It sounds like you might weigh more than me. Did you have to make an adjustment to get the suspension to work properly?

Also, did you replace the LCD display because it broke in your accident or did something else go wrong with it?

Thanks!

Nice set-up!

What are the handlebar grips?

I am waiting for my bike to arrive, but I already have the same Satori Anamaris suspension seat post. It seems rather stiff, and I am not sure if it will work with my 165lbs. It sounds like you might weigh more than me. Did you have to make an adjustment to get the suspension to work properly?

Also, did you replace the LCD display because it broke in your accident or did something else go wrong with it?

Thanks!

in the crash, the lcd, chainring, front brake lever broke... LECTRIC was very responsive with shipping and replacing the broken equipment of course at a cost. The chainring was replaced separate with the litepro 56t chainring.

I figured after the damage, might as well upgrade.

the anamaris can be adjusted pretty soft. I’m 225 and 5’11 so it works well and the wider seat Is a blessing. I’m not using this bike for competition or Anything heavy. It’s for fun and comfort.

the handlebars are for 7/8” motorcycle goosenecks. I bought spacers to fill the gap. All from amazon. Innoglow handlebars and sunlite handlebar spacers. The handlebars are Very adjustable and a pain to setup but will protect the lcd.

Lol!? What upgrade would that be? I have the new freewheel today.
I think @Fatire is referring to using smoother street tires, such as the linked Vee Speedter tires (which seem to be unavailable).

In regards to smoother street tires, I replaced the stock Lectric XP knobbie tires with Kenda Kraze. They seem smooth and quiet, but I can't compare them to the XP's stock knobbie because I never rode on the knobbies.

The Kenda Kraze tread area is significantly thicker/stiffer that that on the XP's stock tires, so there is less chance of puncture flats with the Kraze.

On the other hand, there are cons to the Kenda Kraze. The pair that I received was warped and didn't fit/seat evenly on the XP's rims, as the XP's stock knobbies did. The also wobble slightly.

Also, the Kraze tires might have less internal volume than the stock knobbies, because I couldn't get rid of the wrinkle when installing the XP's, 20"x4.2", partially inflated inner-tube into the 20"x4.25" Kenda Kraze tire (see attached photo). I have never had a fat tire bike before, so I went ahead and used the tubes with the wrinkles anyway. I have not had a problem after about 50 miles of riding. I would certainly welcome any comments, suggestions or warnings in regards to these apparent inner-tube wrinkles.

Rad Power is the exclusive USA seller of Kenda Kraze tires, and they have been utterly unresponsive to my repeated emails.
kraze_tube_wrinkle-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I like the stock tires right now. Being in Florida, riding in sand is inevitable. I’ve taken the bike on a few dirt trails here and love that I’m not sinking and able to maintain traction.

Going to keep the logos but change them to the digital snow camo like the fenders
How are you going to duplicate them? I asked Lectric for a logo file so I could have a local sign shop cut a black carbon fiber vinyl logo to reapply after I powdercoat the frame orange. I haven't heard back. I'll just grab some art online if they won't accomodate me.

Back