Xp owners already looking for a new ebike.

woodie

Any other xp owners already looking for their next ebike.Ive only had my do a couple months and I’m already researching a new ebike.I know I don’t need a new ebike. The xp has more power and does all that I need but,can’t help wanting something that has a different look and feel to it.Wife thinks I crazy saying I just bought this ebike.

I’ve caught the ebike bug.

Woodie, I caught the same bug. Started with the XP and then added the Sport from ESPIN. I like it very much in fact so much I ordered a 2nd one. I feel it's one of the best values out there for Ebikes under 2k with front suspension, hydraulic disc brakes and plenty of power from the rear hub drive. For 1200 you get a lot of bike.

I gotta say for $900 shipped and put together, its hard to beat the xp. My next purchase I’ll have a budget of $2000.So far there are about 4 different bikes I’m looking at,and so many more popping up.

If the XP was available in the UK I'd have bought one and saved a few thousand £s - its looks a great fun bike for shorter journeys - i'd love one. Enjoy what you have - have fun

I gotta say for $900 shipped and put together, its hard to beat the xp. My next purchase I’ll have a budget of $2000.So far there are about 4 different bikes I’m looking at,and so many more popping up.

Agree on the XP. Great entree into Ebiking and I like Lectric. For 2k, IMHO, you arent going to get much more than you could for 1200 with the Sport. I will now pop my popcorn. 🍿

Agree on the XP. Great entree into Ebiking and I like Lectric. For 2k, IMHO, you arent going to get much more than you could for 1200 with the Sport. I will now pop my popcorn. 🍿
It’s more of a style and type of bike for me. Like when I bought the xp. I wanted a folding 20 inch fat tire bike,and nothing touched the xp for performance for $.

The XP is the ebike gateway drug.

I'm still considering getting the step-thru but will wait until inventory catches up to demand because there may be more options in a few months.

Also hoping that Lectric expands their line since most owners here on EBR seem to have a good after sale experience with them.

If the XP was available in the UK I'd have bought one and saved a few thousand £s - its looks a great fun bike for shorter journeys - i'd love one. Enjoy what you have - have fun

Yeah I’m from UK but live in the states, the difference in restrictions is amazing.

Any other xp owners already looking for their next ebike.Ive only had my do a couple months and I’m already researching a new ebike.I know I don’t need a new ebike. The xp has more power and does all that I need but,can’t help wanting something that has a different look and feel to it.Wife thinks I crazy saying I just bought this ebike.
I debated between a moped style and folding. Does anyone on here have both? The battery and suspension options on the moped style are better than the folding bikes. For now we are starting with the XP ST. If we love them and ride a lot we may switch to Moped style (maybe a Juiced HyperScorpion)

It’s more of a style and type of bike for me. Like when I bought the xp. I wanted a folding 20 inch fat tire bike,and nothing touched the xp for performance for $.
Woodie, what did you end up buying for your 2nd ebike?

I debated between a moped style and folding. Does anyone on here have both? The battery and suspension options on the moped style are better than the folding bikes. For now we are starting with the XP ST. If we love them and ride a lot we may switch to Moped style (maybe a Juiced HyperScorpion)
The problem is with the Juiced bikes is they are not really bicycles anymore. And that’s fine, but then just buy a scooter. Or any other electric vehicle. With the Lectric XP, and most other non moped style bikes, is you can actually get some exercise. Isn’t that the point in a bicycle? You need to be able to allow your leg full extension in order to properly apply power to a pedal. A moped style bicycle can’t do that, so it becomes a cruiser. But then just buy a motorbike?

yes, i am also looking for a different bike. But i am going all out on my next bike. im looking to invest in a Onyx RCR, SUR-RON or, Super 73 R-series. I'll always love my XP, but now i just want to go fast and im done struggling up hills.

yes, i am also looking for a different bike. But i am going all out on my next bike. im looking to invest in a Onyx RCR, SUR-RON or, Super 73 R-series. I'll always love my XP, but now i just want to go fast and im done struggling up hills.
Really?I haven’t struggled up a hill yet.But, of the the bikes your looking at I myself would love a super 73rx.I want to keep it more ebike than emotorcycle and keep speeds no more than 28-30 mph.Reason I chose an ebike in the first place than another motorcycle.

Woodie, what did you end up buying for your 2nd ebike?
No I haven’t bought my 2nd ebike yet.Reason why is every time I come back from a ride on my XP I tell myself o really don’t need anything more than this.I just recently cleaned and oiled my chain and adjusted my derailleur and it is so smooth now.Better that new.

The problem is with the Juiced bikes is they are not really bicycles anymore. And that’s fine, but then just buy a scooter. Or any other electric vehicle. With the Lectric XP, and most other non moped style bikes, is you can actually get some exercise. Isn’t that the point in a bicycle? You need to be able to allow your leg full extension in order to properly apply power to a pedal. A moped style bicycle can’t do that, so it becomes a cruiser. But then just buy a motorbike?
I agree. That is why we went with the Lectric XP ST. We both have Harleys for going distance and speed. We were concerned we would not be able to ride the Moped style on bake paths, even though they have pedals.

I considered 20 different fat tire folding E-Bikes before ordering the XP's. Several factors drove the decision including price, features, customer support, and good value for re-entering the cycling world.
If cost was not a consideration, what fat tire folding E-Bike would you buy instead of the XP?

Back