Xp owners already looking for a new ebike.

I considered 20 different fat tire folding E-Bikes before ordering the XP's. Several factors drove the decision including price, features, customer support, and good value for re-entering the cycling world.
If cost was not a consideration, what fat tire folding E-Bike would you buy instead of the XP?
Well, the only other folder that has appealed to me is the Walke Pro dual suspension. I have found we rarely fold the XP, (especially now after losing the long stem and adding bmx bars) and when we did, it was bulky, awkward and prompted me to buy a bike rack. Folders might be great for some with limited storage space etc, but not for us. But for 899 you cant beat the value. I think Big Nerd coined it a while back-the XP is the gateway drug to the Ebike experience!

Wow I can understand wanting a new bike just for the variety of it but I am satisfied with my XP and the real problem is if I get another bike then I'll have to sell the XP or it'll sit collecting dust while I ride the newer bike. I don't have that kind of disposable income or need to have more than one electric bike but that doesn't mean I don't want to. For me I just saw no real reason to spend more than $1,000. I really just need an electric bike because I have some large hills between me and the main bike trails down the street and the XP gave me the option of folding it up and putting it in the back of my car driving down the hill and then going on the trails or what I actually do just drive the bike down to the trails because it can handle the hill back home easily.
Time will tell whether I outgrow the bike and want to try some of these other new exciting bikes coming on the market. I guess I could always give my XP to my daughter.

I agree. That is why we went with the Lectric XP ST. We both have Harleys for going distance and speed. We were concerned we would not be able to ride the Moped style on bake paths, even though they have pedals.
They automatically draw attention as well, which is what you want to avoid if you are “breaking the law” riding at 28mph. Most people don’t bag an eye lid at me on my blacked out XP.

I considered 20 different fat tire folding E-Bikes before ordering the XP's. Several factors drove the decision including price, features, customer support, and good value for re-entering the cycling world.
If cost was not a consideration, what fat tire folding E-Bike would you buy instead of the XP?
I would like more power, gotta say. Top Speed is great, but at 70% battery the bike already drops it’s top speed, and after 50% it’s pretty pathetic. I would like a bike a little quicker off the line, and able to maintain top speed for most of its battery capacity. Aside from the Ariel Ride D-class (moped style) I don’t know of too many bikes that fit my criteria. Plenty of bikes do everything I mentioned, up to 20mph, but that’s it.

Personally I don't think one bike fits all rides. So have a trekking bike, mtb, fat tire recumbent tadpole trike (perfect rail trail cruiser), and a stretch cruiser for sunny days, car cruise ins, and trips to live music events at a local venue. (should that ever happen again!)

Wow I can understand wanting a new bike just for the variety of it but I am satisfied with my XP and the real problem is if I get another bike then I'll have to sell the XP or it'll sit collecting dust while I ride the newer bike. I don't have that kind of disposable income or need to have more than one electric bike but that doesn't mean I don't want to. For me I just saw no real reason to spend more than $1,000. I really just need an electric bike because I have some large hills between me and the main bike trails down the street and the XP gave me the option of folding it up and putting it in the back of my car driving down the hill and then going on the trails or what I actually do just drive the bike down to the trails because it can handle the hill back home easily.
Time will tell whether I outgrow the bike and want to try some of these other new exciting bikes coming on the market. I guess I could always give my XP to my daughter.
Time will tell. I would think that the thought of zipping through the trails with a 750 watt motor on a full suspension regular size ebike would be crossing your mind just about every time you get to take that Xp out for a ride.

Time will tell. I would think that the thought of zipping through the trails with a 750 watt motor on a full suspension regular size ebike would be crossing your mind just about every time you get to take that Xp out for a ride.
XP is the gateway drug of Ebikes. You pedal your first few blocks and then say, wow, I wonder what a ___________ is like to ride...

XP is the gateway drug of Ebikes. You pedal your first few blocks and then say, wow, I wonder what a ___________ is like to ride...
RV and boat folks talk about trying to buy your second (or third) RV/ boat for your first purchase for the same reason. I wonder if anyone manages to do that? :)

Maybe the Wallke but after buyin an XP folder 1 folder in the family is plenty...

Also looking! Already own a Lectric XP and ordered an ST early last month and they said our order went missing and was put in the back of the line on orders which people orderedblack friday and later are receiving their bikes already. Seriously thinking of cancelling the ST that was meant for my wife and get something else for her or give her the XP and get me something else. Decisions,Decisions.

Also looking! Already own a Lectric XP and ordered an ST last month and they said our order went missing and was put in the back of the line on orders which people ordered after us are receiving their bikes already. Seriously thinking of cancelling the ST that was meant for my wife and get something else for her or give her the XP and get me something else. Decisions,Decisions.
Look at the Flow by Espin

Also looking! Already own a Lectric XP and ordered an ST early last month and they said our order went missing and was put in the back of the line on orders which people orderedblack friday and later are receiving their bikes already. Seriously thinking of cancelling the ST that was meant for my wife and get something else for her or give her the XP and get me something else. Decisions,Decisions.
How did you learn your order went missing? Did you get an email confirming the order after placing it? I ordered two yesterday and just wondering if I need to monitor the situation.

yes, i am also looking for a different bike. But i am going all out on my next bike. im looking to invest in a Onyx RCR, SUR-RON or, Super 73 R-series. I'll always love my XP, but now i just want to go fast and im done struggling up hills.
Next gen 2021 Sur-Ron should be VERY interesting....

How did you learn your order went missing? Did you get an email confirming the order after placing it? I ordered two yesterday and just wondering if I need to monitor the situation.
Wife called and was told because it went missing, we would have to wait because they were fulfilling the Black Friday orders. We ordered well before those orders yet they put us behind them as they have been already receiving theirs as seen on the Facebook Lectric owners forum.

Last edited:
I have a Rad Rover ST that I really like but am actually thinking of buying one of these. The price is amazing and if I ever want to transport a bike somewhere different to ride it would fit in the back of my little Kia Soul. It would be nice to have a second bike handy if something breaks on my R.R. that would leave it down for a while waiting for parts. Might be a very good use for the next stimulus check should they ever actually send any out.

Maybe the Wallke but after buyin an XP folder 1 folder in the family is plenty...
Agreed. The first ebike I ever rode was a folder. A 80+ pound beast made by Voltbike, IIRC. I loved it! But after riding a few ebikes, I wouldn't even consider such a bike. Maybe a Montigue Paratrooper conversion.

Well we cancelled our Lectric order today after not getting any help from them about our order that went missing by them. Making another thread on helping us choose. Love this site!

Last edited:
Back