XP 3.0

myers830

Improvements: Integrated rear rack with Dual passenger support, Improved electronics, Upgraded motor/controller, 14 tooth rear sprocket is now an 11 tooth (YES!!!!), New hand grips, more comfortable saddle (YES!!!), Improved 180mm rotors, 20% more travel in suspension fork. For $999 (there is a $1199 larger battery option). Tires stay the same.

If I bought this, I'm not sure I would carry a passenger. But knowing that the rack is part of the frame, it's nice to know that I could carry a heavier load

But I probably will buy another Lite to match the one my wife has - just a different color

YES!

Excellent incremental improvements.

--11-tooth high gear: Very much needed, but they might have gone to the excellent 11-34 freewheel to make it easier on the low end also.

--suspension fork: Feh, just an incremental increase in travel. Far better to get the suspension post, in my view.

--Rear rack seat: The 2.0 was good for 75lbs, the weight of a kid. I already did a thread on buying a cheap seat and footpegs for the 2.0. The new rack good for 150lbs, or a young adult male or female. Adds usefulness but perhaps marginally. That's a LOT of extra weight.

--New motor and controller: I have no idea, but bumping up the 18a controller limit means the motor can do a bit more than the 1HP on the 2.0.

--180mm discs: Reduced finger pull for equivalent stopping power, a fine but incremental improvement. Very helpful if carrying a 150lb passenger!

--Extra accessories: Excellent idea, as long as pricing isn't out of line. My $100 trailer+stroller (currently ~$150 on Amazon) works great with the 2.0.

To me, the greatest improvement over the past few months is the option of a much beefier battery pack, something backwards-compatible with the 2.0.

All in all, Lectric is expanding the utility of their ebikes, and for an astonishingly low price.

Kudos!

I think its time after 3 generations of XPs...that the folks at Lectric take the design page of the XPremium, and integrate the BATTERY into the top of the frame tube so that it can easily be popped in and out without having to unfold the bike...which also gets rid of that underneath location of the key. I mean when I saw the design of the XPremium I thought to myself...FINALLY they freakin got it right regarding the battery placement and easy removal. It looks so much better, and is finally user friendly. Having to mess around with the folding and unfolding to remove or install the battery...is nuts to be frank. And then there's the issue of bending the key if you forget to take it out before folding the frame. I mean, come on guys you got it right with the XPremium and lets hope the XP 4.0 is finally the model where the battery placement is not such a PITA. I got rid of mine just for that reason. It just became a nuisance and lets nor even get into the rattling of the battery in the frame.

If I bought this, I'm not sure I would carry a passenger. But knowing that the rack is part of the frame, it's nice to know that I could carry a heavier load

But I probably will buy another Lite to match the one my wife has - just a different color
I can't imagine carrying a passenger. Two grown adults on a small ebike = recipe for disaster for the riders and a lot of laughs for spectators.

Some folks have complained about the key location. I leave the key in and on, as there is apparently zero drain. I use the Lectric foldylock and also an aftermarket wireless alarm because I suspect the presence or absence of the battery key wouldn't make much difference to a thief. I also have folded our XP 2.0st bikes several times and I'm not sure how the key could be bent, but perhaps it could be.

And yeah, two adults on an ebike might be tempting fate, but then such utility is pretty common in 3rd-world countries.

I can't imagine carrying a passenger. Two grown adults on a small ebike = recipe for disaster for the riders and a lot of laughs for spectators.
It's all the rage for middle school/high schoolers around here... riding those fast Super 73s paired up and without helmets... young and invincible.

It's all the rage for middle school/high schoolers around here... riding those fast Super 73s paired up and without helmets... young and invincible.
9780143010333.jpg

While putting together tools I found that the rear axle nuts don't take a 18 mm wrench like the older versions. 17 mm fits, also noticed that the motor power wires don't go through the rear axle. They enter perpendicular to the motor and the connection is on left side instead of the right. This might make the removal of the rear wheel easier. I haven't pulled the rear wheel to see if the contacts are slip rings. Something else that is different.

Last edited:

I am getting one for my wife to learn plus since she is 4’11” and 105 pounds, we WILL ride together some when the weather breaks! (No snow, hills, or freezing weather here in SW Florida. Just brutal heat June-October and wind.)

Exactly what I see in coastal San Diego County. Except for carrying passengers on steep hills and in high-traffic areas on a routine basis, the girls ride pretty responsibly. The boys are a different story. Ghost pedaling and no pedaling are the norms for both genders.

Back