XP 3.0 any custom settings ideas

Two other changes we made to our 2.0 XPst bikes six months ago were (1) to disable PAS completely and just regard the bikes as 7 speeds with a twist throttle assist. Much more intuitive (to us) to use this way when maneuvering at low speeds. And (2) change the wheel diameter setting from 20" to ~24.5" (I think), which makes the speedometer far more accurate when compared to a GPS speedometer.

EDIT: A diameter setting of 22" tracks Google maps speedo pretty closely.

Last edited:
Two other changes we made to our 2.0 XPst bikes six months ago were (1) to disable PAS completely and just regard the bikes as 7 speeds with a twist throttle assist. Much more intuitive (to us) to use this way when maneuvering at low speeds. And (2) change the wheel diameter setting from 20" to ~24.5" (I think), which makes the speedometer far more accurate when compared to a GPS speedometer.
Does changing the wheel size setting also correct the odometer? Mine is off by about 20%.

Yes.

Also, just read a review of the 3.0 on YouTube, and the reviewer said the correction factor had changed. So use your smartphone GPS with some sort of mileage tracker and go for a 10-minute ride and compare the results. I think the reviewer said putting in a 22" wheel factor gave accurate results, but test for yourself, it's easy.

One other settings mod we did was to change the shutdown delay to one hour. Since shutting down clears out the tripometer, we just leave the system on so it doesn't shut down if we stop for lunch, for example. Current draw should be minimal and we leave the key in the battery anyway, since we have the foldylock and also a motion alarm.

Yes.

Also, just read a review of the 3.0 on YouTube, and the reviewer said the correction factor had changed. So use your smartphone GPS with some sort of mileage tracker and go for a 10-minute ride and compare the results. I think the reviewer said putting in a 22" wheel factor gave accurate results, but test for yourself, it's easy.

One other settings mod we did was to change the shutdown delay to one hour. Since shutting down clears out the tripometer, we just leave the system on so it doesn't shut down if we stop for lunch, for example. Current draw should be minimal and we leave the key in the battery anyway, since we have the foldylock and also a motion alarm.
Good suggestions. I'll be changing the auto shutdown time to 1 hour like you did. We often stop for more than 10 minutes. I'll also spend some time messing with the wheel size setting and comparing it to Google maps and a couple of other distance trackers on my phone. Will also check the accuracy of the speedometer. Last ride I took I noticed that the display was way off compared to Google maps speedometer. In some cases by as much as 5 or 6 mph.

Back