XP 2.0 Step-thru and pedal height question

GreggBrent

Region
USA
I'm on fence between reg XP 2.0 and step-thru. I like both but was leaning towards step-thru for convenience with groceries or riding with dog etc. The one issue I saw in some of the YouTube video reviews was the lower height of the Step-Thru pedals and how they can scrapped the pavement when turning, or hit the ground when on uneven terrain like dirt roads, etc.

Can anyone give me insights or info if they've have experienced this 'problem'? Or is it really a non-issue? I'd hate to get one and have this irritate me.

Thanks.

PS...this would be my first e-bike.

Since you're on the fence and asking this question I will assume that you are not a serious or aggressive cyclist. You will likely appreciate the convenience of the step thru, ease of getting on and off the bike, ability to stack the rear rack with cargo, and comfort of the clearance at a stop. The XP is not enough of an off road bike that clearance would be an issue. It's doubtful that you'll be peddling through any high speed turns and instead you'll be coasting through them positioning your inside pedal at 12 o'clock.

Get the step through. If you later want to get serious off road or start wanting to get faster through turns, then you can later get a better bike and more appropriate bike for those needs.

The XP does a bunch of things ok but does nothing great. Doing a bunch of things ok is actually a really great accomplishment in the cycling world so the statement is a big compliment to Lectric and the reason why it is so popular.

Back