X35 giving no assistance

Wacky rider

Region
United Kingdom
My Orbea Gain Urban is 3 years old, and has had several problems including 2 new Iwok handlebar controllers. Last week for the second time it lost assistance whilst I was riding it, app showed 95% charge but zero range. Whilst riding it to the dealer (zero assistance) it started working, they applied the update but could find nothing wrong. Last week the same loss of assistant, again plenty of charge but zero range. This time they said it needs a new battery! The app shows 44 charge cycles and I regularly get at least 65+ miles from a charge (I was told 200 charge cycles) I think a new battery is around £650. Anyone else had similar issues or could make suggestions please?

My Orbea Gain Urban is 3 years old, and has had several problems including 2 new Iwok handlebar controllers. Last week for the second time it lost assistance whilst I was riding it, app showed 95% charge but zero range. Whilst riding it to the dealer (zero assistance) it started working, they applied the update but could find nothing wrong. Last week the same loss of assistant, again plenty of charge but zero range. This time they said it needs a new battery! The app shows 44 charge cycles and I regularly get at least 65+ miles from a charge (I was told 200 charge cycles) I think a new battery is around £650. Anyone else had similar issues or could make suggestions please?
Well pleased to report, got this sorted. Replaced the PAS sensor (that reads speed off the cassette locking ring magnets) The Mahle X35 PAS sensor is easily available on line from several bike shops. Bike had been off the road for several months now with this problem. Orbea, Mahle or my dealer couldn’t advise me, if I had listened to Orbea or Mahle I would have bought a new battery for no reason.

Back