WW FS Commuter - Hydra or Titanium FS

Cuz Vinny

Disclaimer - I have an Ebike addiction and think about this stuff even though I’m not buying anything anytime soon. 🙃

Posted the Titanium FS bike as reference. We all know what the Hydra looks like.

So which bike/frame would you choose for a dedicated street bike? I like the Hydra for its cleaner look with the internal cable/wiring and for the ability to get different colors. However the TI bike looks good in it’s raw finish and it may actually be lighter than the Hydra with the same motor and 52v 17AH battery. The Hydra also has more suspension travel but that’s not really needed for a bike that will be ridden 100% of the time on the street. The Hydra only has MTB geometry and the TI FS can have either commuter or MTB geometry. Price wise I imagine the TI bike would be more expensive. Hmm, tough call. This may be a possible future project as my current Hydra is set up as my trail bike.

32E90916-F289-4249-9B7B-CB2D2A1B7558.jpeg

Guess I would lean more toward the titanium but if you got another hydra set up you would matching batteries right… that would be nice to have

I love watching you buy all these bikes since I cannot afford all of them lol

Guess I would lean more toward the titanium but if you got another hydra set up you would matching batteries right… that would be nice to have

I love watching you buy all these bikes since I cannot afford all of them lol
I’m not buying anything for a while. Just bored at work 🤪

Disclaimer - I have an Ebike addiction and think about this stuff even though I’m not buying anything anytime soon. 🙃

Posted the Titanium FS bike as reference. We all know what the Hydra looks like.

So which bike/frame would you choose for a dedicated street bike? I like the Hydra for its cleaner look with the internal cable/wiring and for the ability to get different colors. However the TI bike looks good in it’s raw finish and it may actually be lighter than the Hydra with the same motor and 52v 17AH battery. The Hydra also has more suspension travel but that’s not really needed for a bike that will be ridden 100% of the time on the street. The Hydra only has MTB geometry and the TI FS can have either commuter or MTB geometry. Price wise I imagine the TI bike would be more expensive. Hmm, tough call. This may be a possible future project as my current Hydra is set up as my trail bike.

View attachment 94555
If I lived in town I would want the exact bike you show here. Except for the battery. There is a rumor of a triangle shaped hugely speced battery for the Ti bikes one day. I may just have to decide to live a couple years less and spend the retirement money on such a bike. :oops:

If I lived in town I would want the exact bike you show here. Except for the battery. There is a rumor of a triangle shaped hugely speced battery for the Ti bikes one day. I may just have to decide to live a couple years less and spend the retirement money on such a bike. :oops:
I actually prefer the Hydra believe it or not. I just like the clean look of the integrated battery and internal wiring. Plus I‘m going on the assumption that the Hydra would be less expensive.

Trail geometry but still upright, at least 1000 watt hours, suspended rack. I remember when 100mm was a lot of travel for a mountain bike, seriously these can do a lot both on and off road.

I agree the integrated battery looks better, mostly, but that Ti full suspension looks good in its own way, its a tough one...

I've ordered a titanium FS. Pushkar is checking into the possibility of installing either a wireless SRAM AXS eTap 12 speed or Shimano Di2 groupset. Since most of the cables run on the outside of the frame the fewer cables going to the handlebar the better.
I also with a derailleur I can run a small ring so I'll be able to pedal at higher speeds, and my local bike shop can repair or replace a damaged or broken derailleur, if needed.

The downside is I'll probably go through chains and cassettes on a regular basis.

I'll be very interested in what a Ti frame FS bike in trail geometry looks like. I want a nice quality 2nd bike to my coming Hydra.

I'm a little skittish about carbon fiber as I have little experience with it. And after thinking about it the Hydra Black is not enough price difference given how I view the useful life of equipment and the upgrade options I would need to give up.

Looking forward to learning more about Ti FS trail geometry.

I'm wondering if that battery case on the Titanium FS bike would look better in a color that matched the color of the titanium frame.
Might not 'stick out' so much.
Oh definitely. You could either have the case painted or wrapped. That’s my biggest issue with the TI frame. The battery is obvious and there is no internal wiring. I’d have to go with the Hydra just for that reason.

While the Hydra may be cleaner looking, the FS titanium bike with belt drive has more unicorn factor.

Advantages of Commuter:
- Upright riding posture for comfort and traffic awareness
- Belt drive to handle elements better
- Dual battery capability to increase range

Advantages of Hydra:
- Accommodates thicker tire to avoid taking a spill when hitting a pothole at speed and for snow riding

While the Hydra may be cleaner looking, the FS titanium bike with belt drive has more unicorn factor.

Advantages of Commuter:
- Upright riding posture for comfort and traffic awareness
- Belt drive to handle elements better
- Dual battery capability to increase range

Advantages of Hydra:
- Accommodates thicker tire to avoid taking a spill when hitting a pothole at speed and for snow riding
I’d still have to go with the Hydra but I can’t justify spending that much money at the moment. Much cheaper to build a set of street wheels for my current Hydra.

View attachment 94555
Dedicated full suspension street bike? I'd look into LUNA Z1, Biktrix Monte Capro Ultra or Watt Wagons Hydra if you want to run on the throttle, but if you want to exercise, hit some Enduro on the side, & some trails, Plus can afford it I mean HYDRA wins by a lot, but the best bang for the buck. Maybe the Ultra, Best Looking in my opinion is the LUNA Z1, especially now they are running the same paint scheme as they run on the X2. Tbh I own the LUNA X2 Ludicrous and love it, but wish I had bought the Z1 or the Hydra. Next Buy is for sure the HPC Revolution AT. But I have to save up for a while as it is ridiculously expensive.

Back