WTB Extra Battery Raleigh Redux IE, Tamland IE

My limited understanding of battery rebuilding is that if the battery management system is intact, only the cells need to be replaced and it's not like you need special cells for whatever ebike brand battery it is (Yamaha, Bosch, BMZ...). If you send HiC or other rebuilders the original case, they should be able to rebuild with new cells. - if someone knows better I'm interested to learn more!

If the BMS is toast, however, it may indeed be unique to your bike brand, and replacements may not be available. That's when you may need to resort to Jeffr's clever aftermarket battery adaptation to avoid the paperweight scenario. In all candor, though, I'm leery of using cheap Amazon batteries on my ebikes...

There is some type of communication going on between the battery and the motor. There is an app that let’s me monitor the status of the battery as well as the motor……battery health, temperature , as well as motor temperature. What I’d like to know is if the newly packed battery needs to be paired with the motor using specific software or does that functionality exist on the bms itself. It really doesn’t matter to me if the app ceases to work. As long as the bike turns on and functions is good enough for me.

I never did. The HiC website made no reference to Brose battery repair. Right now I’m good with 2 functioning batteries, but I realize, eventually I have to find someone to repack these or my bike will become a $4000 paperweight.
Just spoke with "Mikey J" at Diamondback/ALTA Cycling - apparently RaleighUK just pulled the entire Raleigh lineup -electric and analog - from the US market! So it goes...

Anywho, Mikey informed me that the battery for 2018-19 Brose-powered iZips and Raleighs ARE indeed available for $800.

To order one, you can call (800) 251-8435 (you may even get Mikey), or visit ALTA Cycling's contact page.

Just spoke with "Mikey J" at Diamondback/ALTA Cycling - apparently RaleighUK just pulled the entire Raleigh lineup -electric and analog - from the US market! So it goes...

Anywho, Mikey informed me that the battery for 2018-19 Brose-powered iZips and Raleighs ARE indeed available for $800.

To order one, you can call (800) 251-8435 (you may even get Mikey), or visit ALTA Cycling's contact page.
Did anyone successfully order a battery from ALTA Cycling? I’m looking for a 2018 Brose Redux iE battery.

Why dont you 'actually' contact Hic via the 'Contact Us' link at the top of their home page.

Thats what I did and the response was that they did indeed repair brose batteries as long as the BMS was still good (most likely it is)

As I mentioned earlier, you can also buy new iZIP brose based batteries. When I first enquired at my local ebike store, they said that they were not listed but they put in an email to iZIP and a few months later got a response that they were indeed available (for $1k). This was for a 2018 iZIP Moda E3. Same battery as used on the Raleigh Brose Bikes as the iZIP is just a rebranded Raleigh.

iZIP kindof dropped off the planet for awhile with hardly any support. Word is that a new owner came in and changed all that. Lots of iZIP bikes (although none are brose) at my local ebike store.
I reached out to three iZiP dealers locally and so far only heard from one. The dealer that responded said they are batteries for the 2018 iZIP Mode E3 are unavailable and to call Rose. I emailed Brose and they replied they don't handle batteries. Of course reaching out to Raleigh in the UK resulted in no response back. If you could give me the number of a dealer you said had one for $1K I will try to call them. The 2018 Redux IE I have is in great shape, but the battery internals got wet and I don't know if the BMS is damaged or not.

I reached out to Alta Cycles via email. They don't have any batteries.

I reached out to three iZiP dealers locally and so far only heard from one. The dealer that responded said they are batteries for the 2018 iZIP Mode E3 are unavailable and to call Rose. I emailed Brose and they replied they don't handle batteries. Of course reaching out to Raleigh in the UK resulted in no response back. If you could give me the number of a dealer you said had one for $1K I will try to call them. The 2018 Redux IE I have is in great shape, but the battery internals got wet and I don't know if the BMS is damaged or not.
ebike of colorado (720) 739-0299

My Brose motor failed at 8474 miles. I had all the bearings replaced with Performance Line Bearings and a new belt installed also. The cost was half the price of a new motor. The company that did the work is ebikebikemotorrepair.com They are located in Tennessee and work on all the major brand motors. They have a super quick turnaround time. It was a Godsend. I‘ve had my rebuilt motor back now for a month and have put 550 miles on it. It actually performs better than new!
I’m just preparing myself for battery failure. I’ve already had 2 batteries bite the dust. One at 78 charge cycles and the other at 12 cycles. They were never discharged below 30 percent, always stored indoors, and just stopped working. They would turn on for 15 seconds and just shut off. They also would not charge. I never got an answer to what the problem was. Brose support in the USA is non existent. I’ve got 2 working batteries now, so I’m hoping they last.
I’m just keeping all options open. Thanks for the detailed reply.
I had a very similar experience with my Brose motor. Only mine failed at around 2K miles. ebikebikemotorrepair.com did a great job, with a fast turnaround

Back