Would like to go faster!

Can anybody identify where the speed is pulled from? Is the data pulled from the PAS sensors?
Thought there was a magnet on one of the wheels ( I think front) and one on the fork/chainstay used to measure speed. Sadly I'm just going off of pictures though since I am still waiting for delivery of my steed....

Thought there was a magnet on one of the wheels ( I think front) and one on the fork/chainstay used to measure speed. Sadly I'm just going off of pictures though since I am still waiting for delivery of my steed....

If there is a magnet it isn't on the front, I've swapped the forks and
Rims/wheels and the signal is always still going. My guess would be the controller knows the rpm and measures based on rpm and input wheel size.

If there is a magnet it isn't on the front, I've swapped the forks and
Rims/wheels and the signal is always still going. My guess would be the controller knows the rpm and measures based on rpm and input wheel size.

That's what I think, too. I think it's pulled from the PAS sensors on the front sprocket. Bummer - that seems harder to hack.

I'll experiment when I have the time; I'm sure that system isn't 12 unique signals coming from the sensors, so if I blocked/removed half of them, would it show me moving at half my actual speed?

It isn't from the pas sensor. The rotations wouldn't be able to account for changes in gearing. It is measured by rpm of the motor itself by the controller, you can only get accurate info based on rpm from the motor based on the entered value of the tire size.

I have not seen any police on trails . They actually use a radar gun or have lines in the ground they measure against? Sorry to go off topic. I am happy that speed is the decision maker, no reason a speeding none ebike can go fast and an ebike can't.

Speed. Not a RadRover, because they comply with the laws, but other brands/models can go faster than 20 mph and that has earned the attention of the police, especially near the colleges around here.

You just said the Rover motor contributes up to ~25mph. Then you imply only "other brands/models can go faster than 20mph". Last I checked ~25mph is faster than 20mph by ~25%!

Can you set them higher than 40 KPH, which is 24.85MPH, using the display?

Mark -

No. Not that it matters, it's not like the bike and its current motor can push it faster than 22 or 23 MPH anyway. Because, physics...

No. Not that it matters, it's not like the bike and its current motor can push it faster than 22 or 23 MPH anyway. Because, physics...
Incorrect. Actually physics will allow the bike to go faster but the bike will cut off the motor at 40kmph.

Incorrect. Actually physics will allow the bike to go faster but the bike will cut off the motor at 40kmph.

The current RadRover, with its current specs, in real-world conditions, carrying a 150+ pound rider? Not in my experience, it won't. And I'm perfectly fine with that :)

The current RadRover, with its current specs, in real-world conditions, carrying a 150+ pound rider? Not in my experience, it won't. And I'm perfectly fine with that :)
Well I'm 165 and on a relatively flat surface I hit 24mph before the motor stops contributing due to the limiter.

And as far as your "cuz physics" claim, perhaps riding downhill with full throttle doesn't qualify as physics!:p

Something else explains the difference, then. The Ibera rack? I dunno. I just know how fast mine's been riding, in real-world conditions.

Maybe our speedometers aren't in sync. I don't care enough about the 2-3 mph difference to want to investigate further.

And for what it's worth, riding downhill means it's not the motor helping, it's gravity.

Yes, cuz physics...

Something else explains the difference, then. The Ibera rack? I dunno. I just know how fast mine's been riding, in real-world conditions.

Maybe our speedometers aren't in sync. I don't care enough about the 2-3 mph difference to want to investigate further.

And for what it's worth, riding downhill means it's not the motor helping, it's gravity.

Yes, cuz physics...

Wrong again. Just because there is a slight decline does not mean that the motor is not helping you achieve a high speed. Try riding down a small 1% hill with the motor off and then again with the motor on. You'll find the speed is higher with the motor on....cuz physics...

So, tell me Einstein, how fast can the RadRover motor go, without any resistance, if there was no speed governor in place?

Back