Would Jesus buy a used HyperFat? aka Greetings!

lost_puppy

Region
USA
Let's say he was searching for his first horse. Had a target budget of 1 gold piece (roughly $2,000 in today's ever-devaluing monetary units). Ok, enough with the analogy...

I've had my eye on a new Juiced RipCurrent S at a special closeout price of $2,000. Weird battery connection issues aside, the bike checked all the boxes for me. Sure, there are a few other bikes that pique my interest.... that Ride1Up 700 & LMT'D look cool for the price. But then there's that Eunorau Defender S/FAT-HS/FAT-HD bang-for-buck line of bikes that seem to give the kind of power I appreciate for a bit more cash. And then, out of nowhere, I find myself drooling over a 2019 HF1100, which I can likely get for the same price as that new (closeout '21) RCS. About 700 miles, original slick tires still fitted.

Yes yes, I know. There are soooo many other bikes I can/should be considering! Too overwhelmed bro. So I ask you. What would Jesus do?

Well played, and well met!

Seems like a great little community here... look forward to contributing - need a bike first though to feel legit lol

At some point you're going to have to say enough is enough and just make the leap, right or wrong. You'll deal with the results and be out riding, enjoying the e-bike world. There will nearly always be this dumb grin that won't go away for months. I believe most all of us have been through that.

I can also say that first bike is going to teach you a TON. Many of us, once we start riding/getting used to having full time access to an e-bike, find ourselves wondering what the NEXT bike would look like, and all of this starts over again - with 2 changes. First, you're going to be a much more educated buyer. Second, there's a very good chance there will be no reluctance to spend more money on #2........ ;) -Al

Used ebike market concentrates the flaky failures and warrenty no-fixers to you, the buyer. Just because it ran 3 miles doesn't mean it will in the future. I buy kits and put them on unpowered bikes. $870 the first kit. The bike was $2000 and worth every penny. All the external wiring seems to discourage the thieves. Not me, dorman insulated crimp terminals are industrial and don't fail. Unlike some of those patented push in connectors on the pretty factory bikes.
Jesus walked everywhere, except one donkey ride. Low hydrocarbon emmisions.

...I can also say that first bike is going to teach you a TON.
First lesson learned.

0323222021.jpg0323222022a.jpg

Q: "Babe, what the hell happened in here?"

A: "HyperFat"

Back