Worlds Lightest ebike?

more bike-like bike Interesting descriptor, but not sure what that means. Did you mean more traditional bike like Ebike? Or are you talking about frame design?

more bike-like bike Interesting descriptor, but not sure what that means. Did you mean more traditional bike like Ebike? Or are you talking about frame design?

Can't say, as my post here seems to have disappeared???

Is there anyone out there with experience on an Orbea Gain or with the eBikeMotion X35 system (know these are very new)?

I've asked Ribble if they can set up an ENDURANCE SLe for the US market with a 32kph limit and the said NO! (I've also asked eBikeMotion directly but have not heard back).

My understanding is that the Orbea Gains do have a 20mph limit for the US and seem to have the same motor and battery specification as the Ribble ENDURANCE SLe. 25kph wouldn't be fast enough for the area (and/or group) where I ride. So I'm trying to find out whether I could program the X35 controller or App to allow a 32kph limit.

In the lightweight road-bike category these seem to be the only options under $5,000 US. Are there others?

It will be interesting to see if any manufacturers adopt the Bafang M800 mid-drive system in the future (supposedly this has a 45 kph option)

and here it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-09-17-39-48~01.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-09-17-39-48~01.png
    807.7 KB · Views: 642
I'll bet there are weight limitations. My Rad City is built like a brick, due to forces generated by the motor and regen, and the avoirdupois of some of it's riders, and I include moi.

Shoot... I was just told by a US dealer that Orbea has already raised the prices on the Gain series to deal with US tariffs on Chinese components... looks like its about $600 per bike! I had been hoping the pricing shown before Interbike was going to hold through the end of 2018.

Back