Wobble Wobble Radwagon

Barkme Wolf

Rear wheel when from slightly squeaky to severely off balance over the past 2 weeks. Not sure what the trouble is, taking it in to the Rad Power Bike shop on Saturday.

Probably not properly trued, but not uncommon on a new bike. Any bike needs a tune up after fifty miles to make any break in adjustments, including properly truing the wheels, which are under much more stress on a hub motor ebike.

Probably not properly trued, but not uncommon on a new bike. Any bike needs a tune up after fifty miles to make any break in adjustments, including properly truing the wheels, which are under much more stress on a hub motor ebike.
I have had it in a few times for derailleur adjustments. I am at about 600 miles, had it a little over a month.

I think if you get the wheel professionally trued you'll be set for a long time. I have had to do this occasionally on all of my bikes that have seen a lot of use, and sooner on shipped bikes from Bikesdirect. Have you had a lot of cargo or people on the back? I'm an admirer of the RW and was thinking it would be cool to take a passenger...

I think if you get the wheel professionally trued you'll be set for a long time. I have had to do this occasionally on all of my bikes that have seen a lot of use, and sooner on shipped bikes from Bikesdirect. Have you had a lot of cargo or people on the back? I'm an admirer of the RW and was thinking it would be cool to take a passenger...
Nope, no more than 20 lbs on the back and I am 170 tops. I have a bunch of light camping gear I was going to strap on it and go on a short trip in a couple weeks.
Not sure if the Rad Wagon people are up to "Truing" the tire, I will take it to a bike shop.

BTW truing wheels is tricky, but tuning derailleurs is not nearly as hard as it looks. I use the instructions in "Zen and the Art Of Mountain Bike Maintenance" but I'm sure there's guides on line. Less hassle than taking her into the shop...

BTW truing wheels is tricky, but tuning derailleurs is not nearly as hard as it looks. I use the instructions in "Zen and the Art Of Mountain Bike Maintenance" but I'm sure there's guides on line. Less hassle than taking her into the shop...
I think I can upgrade my derailleurs for under 100 bucks. Don't know how much it will cost to true the tire.

If you're bringing the wheel in, should be the same (process is the same). Now, if you're asking them to wrestle the rear wheel off an unfamiliar e-bike, I imagine they might charge more.

If you're bringing the wheel in, should be the same (process is the same). Now, if you're asking them to wrestle the rear wheel off an unfamiliar e-bike, I imagine they might charge more.
I decided when I got it that I would rather pay someone else to break my new toy than feel the pain of breaking it myself. I will let them remove the tire at the shop.

Update: Took it to my shop and they say no problem. They seem to charge $25 dollars for everything which is within my budget. They say it is not uncommon with these motorized bikes to have this issue. Leaving it over night tonight.

Very reasonable pricing and they understand that a motor stresses spokes; sounds like this shop is a keeper!

Back