Will schwalbe big Bens tires work 4 ezip dash?

Kyle hamor

I love the look of the stromers tires and after some Google searching found out there called schwalbe big bens. I think in a cream color or black would look so great on the 2014 e3 dash!! If the would work could someone tell me the dimensions I should order. Thanks! :)

Actually, if you look at the tires on the Dash they say 28x1.75x2 - 700x45c. So it is both a 700 tire and a 28" tire. Just make sure the tires you are looking at specify the 622 rim size. For the Dash oem tire it is 47-622.

According to the Schwalbe Technical Info document on Bicycle Tires 700c, 28" and 29" are all tires that can be 622 rim mounted tires. The restriction is how wide are your rims vs how wide are your tires. The Schwalbe document also has a chart the shows which width tires will work with a particular width rim.

If you want to read the Schwalbe document here is the link.

Well, I looked up your Big Ben tire. It comes in size 50-622 for the colored tires.
Our rims are labeled as 622-18 which means it is 18mm width.
The Schwalbe rim width vs tire width chart shows 17mm and 19mm rim widths, so our rim is in between these two.
The 17mm width goes up to a 50-622 tire.
The 19mm width goes up to a 62-622 tire.
So, according to the Schwalbe tire chart you should be able to get a Big Ben tire size 50-622
According to Brian(J)'s measurements the narrowest part of our frame is 57mm.
So, there should be enough frame clearance for the Big Ben which is 50mm wide.

Another way to look at it is our oem tires are 47-622.
The Big Ben is 50-622.
So, the Big Ben is only 3mm wider.
Not much difference.
But, you get some nice colors to choose from.

Thanks, that is so freaking awesome! I think this set of tires in cream will really help set the dash off the charts! Because the frame is very thin the fatter tiers will help give it a "beefier" look.

Big Ben' are excellent tires. If you're looking for a bit more comfort I would get the Big Apple's though, you can run them at a lower pressure dramatically improving the way it absorbs the bumps in the road. These are the same tires the Stromer comes standard with.

I don't know if they come in colors, they come in pastels. I would want a red tire if I was going for color on a Dash. Then I would name it Stendahl.

The Red and the Black, Stendhal’s masterpiece, is the story of Julien Sorel, a young dreamer from the provinces, fueled by Napoleonic ideals, whose desire to make his fortune sets in motion events both mesmerizing and tragic. Sorel’s quest to find himself, and the doomed love he encounters along the way, are delineated with an unprecedented psychological depth and realism. At the same time, Stendhal weaves together the social life and fraught political intrigues of post–Napoleonic France, bringing that world to unforgettable, full-color life. His portrait of Julien and early-nineteenth-century France remains an unsurpassed creation, one that brilliantly anticipates modern literature.

I don't know if they come in colors, they come in pastels. I would want a red tire if I was going for color on a Dash. Then I would name it Stendahl.

The Red and the Black, Stendhal’s masterpiece, is the story of Julien Sorel, a young dreamer from the provinces, fueled by Napoleonic ideals, whose desire to make his fortune sets in motion events both mesmerizing and tragic. Sorel’s quest to find himself, and the doomed love he encounters along the way, are delineated with an unprecedented psychological depth and realism. At the same time, Stendhal weaves together the social life and fraught political intrigues of post–Napoleonic France, bringing that world to unforgettable, full-color life. His portrait of Julien and early-nineteenth-century France remains an unsurpassed creation, one that brilliantly anticipates modern literature.
Wow, yes I might just go red, and memorize you're post. :)

Back