Will Dyson come out with an E-Bike ? Well, one vacuum company already has...

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4210

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/category/bikes/electric/product/gtech-ebike-review-52200/

Finally producing a product that doesn't 'suck'..(haha, couldn't resist).

Really any appliance company involved with batteries, motors, electronics, etc., could come out with an ebike. The space is WIDE open, and not dominated by anyone just yet, and with over 300 brands and counting, many starting from scratch on Indiegogo, or Kickstarter, maybe we will see branded ebikes from Black & Decker, Hoover, Dewalt, or even (heaven forbid) GE. So far, most of the 300 have next to zero 'expertise' in the field of ebikes. Maybe even Apple will come out with their own, and iphone built in ?

I would rather see an e-bike from one of the smaller manufacturers of high-end bicycles. Such a bike would not be cheap, but they would be a glorious experience to ride.

The more the merrier, don’t see a difference between a vacuum company or washing machine companies like Bosch and Miele that also produce ebikes

I have an e-bike sold by a car company and it's been fine. I'm surprised that Tesla hasn't done a bike.
It would be interesting to have an e-bike that I can hook up to vacuum my carpets though.

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/category/bikes/electric/product/gtech-ebike-review-52200/

Finally producing a product that doesn't 'suck'..(haha, couldn't resist).

Really any appliance company involved with batteries, motors, electronics, etc., could come out with an ebike. The space is WIDE open, and not dominated by anyone just yet, and with over 300 brands and counting, many starting from scratch on Indiegogo, or Kickstarter, maybe we will see branded ebikes from Black & Decker, Hoover, Dewalt, or even (heaven forbid) GE. So far, most of the 300 have next to zero 'expertise' in the field of ebikes. Maybe even Apple will come out with their own, and iphone built in ?

Well, to respectfully disagree, while it may be true that anyone can put two (¡powered!) wheels together and call it a bicycle, is it road/trail worthy and fun to ride? The market must be there for so many others to jump in...

Case in point: Gtech...rim brakes...really? No display other than on the battery, no brake power cutoffs.

Last edited:
What's happening with e-bikes is a little like snowmobiles in the late 60s and early 70s. There were over 100 brands. Now it's down to four or five. Of course climate change has adversely affected that industry immensely as of late. Prices have continued to climb and now people can't/won't justify spending 15k for a sled that might get used two months out of the year, if that. I don't see that future for ebikes though. They are environmentally friendly for one and they don't need an ideal climate to use them. It will be very interesting to see which ebike brands survive. 300 brands and climbing is crazy.

Back