Why is Pedego so popular?

Clearly it isn't the bike for you. Isn't it great that there's so much variety in the ebike world? You love your beautiful bike and I love my beautiful bike, and that's what matters. :) Let's spread the ebike love!

We agree on that !

@Barry S , I hope you are loving your Rad Power Bike! I deleted my earlier comment. I have no experience with the bike myself, so shouldn't have said something negative. :) I'd love to hear how you are enjoying your bike. I hope you've had it for a few weeks by now?
If there was a negative post, I don't remember it. A senior perk that comes in handy every now and then.

I mark one month of ownership in a few days. I didn't ride my RadRover for the first week as I wanted to have my LBS check everything out before I started commuting on it full-time. Rear derailleur hanger got bent and shifter cable damaged during shipping but Rad had me send them a receipt from my LBS and I got reimbursed. No hoops to jump through or threats of legal action required.

I've got 146 miles on the bike so far and just got my first flat on the rear tire. Kiawe thorn got me but I didn't lose any air pressure until I got home. Was able to patch the tube without removing the wheel.

Keeping the bike in PAS 1 feels like pedaling a normal bike and PAS 2 with a tailwind. This is where I do most of my riding and with the Origin8 Supercell road tread fat tires it's such a smoother ride than before. Using PAS 3 and 4 for the hills, and I can finally get up the final grade to my house with a comfortable cadence instead of throwing in the towel and walking up. Needless to say, I'm loving the bike.

That is so awesome! I also have a pretty crummy memory for negative stuff. It's a happy personality trait to have!

I think you were super smart to take it to the LBS for a look-see before you started commuting, and that they were able to find and repair problems and that Rad reimbursed you for your expenses.

I need to learn how to patch a tire without taking it off the bike. I guess that'd only be possible if you can see the offending thorn or whatever sticking into the tire from the outside, though, huh?

Thanks for the update. :)

I'm going to have to throw a flag on the 20,000mi. pedego with zero service.. sorry... My first (and only) ride on an ebike was a pedego. If I wasn't a reseach wieniee, I would have bought it after the test ride it was really fun and I loved it

I think "zero service" doesn't mean it hasn't had flats or such, but it had never been professionally serviced, I imagine.

I guess they're fine if you can't handle any maintenance on your own and you need the dealer but the combination of the hub and rear mounted battery creates some odd weight distribution and balance. Sure wasn't for me but if you ride very leisurely ,I guess you'll be OK.

Weird weight distribution be damned, I guess. Hub plus a top mount battery ? That's DIY stuff.

I built my own bike for a fraction of the money noted here but I have to note..........I am quite impressed with the service people have noted they have received from their dealers. Free flat repair? Changing out colors? Nice.

I built my own bike for a fraction of the money noted here but I have to note..........I am quite impressed with the service people have noted they have received from their dealers. Free flat repair? Changing out colors? Nice.

I agree if you need that kind of help. I sure don't.

Back