Why did you buy make and model?

Haibike Urban Plus ... the bike has been discontinued in North America and it looks like they are all gone or close to it ... blown out at a big discount. Really like the small profile of the motor and battery, was willing to forego front fork shocks and put a thudbuster seat post on a hard frame, not much interested in off-road cycling. It does take a light grip on the nadlebars though, you do feel the road like a traditional old fixed fork bike. Would not have bought the Urban Plus if I hadn't found out that the parent company (also owns Raleigh and several other brands) sold the same ebike for a couple of years with the same motor/battery/frame branded as the Winora Radar Speed in several European markets, so there should be support even if it is a rarer bird in North America. Liked the Surface 604 Colt and the Voltbike lineup pricing is attractive, the new Voltbike Bravo has a bigger battery and is a street/urban version of the Yukon with much slimmer 2.1(?) inch tires, but otherwise quite similar. Might have taken a closer look at that but for the big price break on the Haibike for a mid-engine. For a step-through rear hub motor for my other half who now wants a bike of her own - the Surface 604 Rook and the Voltbike Elegant came in towards the top of our list partly because both companies close to home here in Vancouver - although the Surface 604 Rook has better components, is arguably nicer, for entry-level bang for your buck, hard to beat the Voltbike Elegant price ... leaving mucho $$$ for helmets, jackets, gloves, locks, tools, carrier/trunk bags/panniers, car carrier rack, pump, spares, bottle holders, yada yada.

Purchase: 2018 Specialized Como 3.0

Reasons for purchase:
LBS purchase
Torque sensor
Mid drive
Battery
Looks
Very smooth ride (2.3" tires)
Upright position
Wider tire
My wife liked it the best of the test bikes

Haibike Urban Plus ... the bike has been discontinued in North America and it looks like they are all gone or close to it ... blown out at a big discount. Really like the small profile of the motor and battery, was willing to forego front fork shocks and put a thudbuster seat post on a hard frame, not much interested in off-road cycling. It does take a light grip on the nadlebars though, you do feel the road like a traditional old fixed fork bike. Would not have bought the Urban Plus if I hadn't found out that the parent company (also owns Raleigh and several other brands) sold the same ebike for a couple of years with the same motor/battery/frame branded as the Winora Radar Speed in several European markets, so there should be support even if it is a rarer bird in North America. Liked the Surface 604 Colt and the Voltbike lineup pricing is attractive, the new Voltbike Bravo has a bigger battery and is a street/urban version of the Yukon with much slimmer 2.1(?) inch tires, but otherwise quite similar. Might have taken a closer look at that but for the big price break on the Haibike for a mid-engine. For a step-through rear hub motor for my other half who now wants a bike of her own - the Surface 604 Rook and the Voltbike Elegant came in towards the top of our list partly because both companies close to home here in Vancouver - although the Surface 604 Rook has better components, is arguably nicer, for entry-level bang for your buck, hard to beat the Voltbike Elegant price ... leaving mucho $$$ for helmets, jackets, gloves, locks, tools, carrier/trunk bags/panniers, car carrier rack, pump, spares, bottle holders, yada yada.
You might consider a Redshift shock absorbing stem. Works quite well. https://www.modernbike.com/product-...yNlEUXzJs0JTHqtMdhvhqaQqp3BDNZPxoCuJEQAvD_BwE

2019 Giant Fathom E+ 2
I'm in a guitar forum that has some bike nuts in it (in a good way).
I researched for 2 weeks and came up with 4 choices. Three hub drives and a mid drive.
One of the guys pointed me at Giant. I went to see a 2018 Giant Dirt E+ 2. Lovely!
Then I found out that the 2019 Fathoms were available, but not on the web to find anywhere.
Based on the test ride with the Dirt E+ I ordered the Fathom E+ and I love it!
Through the process I found that my preference was for eMTB instead of fatbike. That lead me to mid drive for the overall balance aspect. That meant I lost a throttle, but in the end my major factor was/is to get back into biking and exercise.
Happy camper.

Back