Who got an ebike for Christmas, and what did you get?

Lots of warm weather! It was warmer riding our bikes here on Xmas Weeky than last January in the Everglades.
43194 43195

Wow, that alligator looks awfully close. I know they're not as aggressive as crocodiles, but wow that's still pretty close. I would be too afraid to get that close.

Wow, that alligator looks awfully close. I know they're not as aggressive as crocodiles, but wow that's still pretty close. I would be too afraid to get that close.

Because of the federal shutdown last year, there were no rangers around to warn us. In fact, the preserve gates were unattended. We had come down from Tampa where the Busch Gardens told us they hadn't even fed their gators for 8 weeks because they were dormant. Well, that's not true further south. We're lucky. But it was in the low 50's.

Lots of warm weather! It was warmer riding our bikes here on Xmas Weeky than last January in the Everglades.
View attachment 43194 View attachment 43195

Harry, great picture of the alligator and E-bike. There was a pretty deep cold snap that came over the east last year as you noted. There is a pond in North Carolina that is home to alligators, including an 11 footer. They have adapted to the cold by putting their snouts above the ice at the moment of freeze-in. So much for the idea of these critters never living above the Mason Dixon line because of the cold.

North Carolina Alligator Link: https://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/news/00000160-e6f2-d22c-a568-e6f6ceea0000

No ebike related Christmas gear, but I'm hoping Santa was good to everyone on this forum this year. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!

A tiny 8-10lb Abus lock . Granite xtreme 59 Moto. That is the 310mm version.
Note- the envelope is for reference purposes , it came inside a big box.

Attachments

• 071ED020-1D0E-4149-987F-2B68F4022DA2.jpeg
    071ED020-1D0E-4149-987F-2B68F4022DA2.jpeg
    733.5 KB · Views: 354
⛄🎄⛄ On the fourth day of Christmas my true love ordered me,

A hitch for my Prius...

To car-ry my La Free safe-ly

🎄😉⛄

Still got 8 days left to get the rack!

Last edited:
I've got a Fuell Flluid waiting in the garage for me to put together...
I'm really interested in that bike. I looked at it but couldn't seriously consider it because of the weight. I have to lift my bike up pretty high to get it on my Thule T2 hitch rack, and the Vado is definitely heavy enough. Let us know how it goes :)

Back