Which is the best of the best of the best electric heated glove for winter riding?

GuruUno

I've reviewed some of the discussions here, cannot seem to pin down what gloves to consider for winter riding.
Mostly fingers get cold, moisture doesn't help.
Neither does bulkiness.
Does anyone have that perfect pair with no complaints, the cost is immaterial, want the best, overall best there is?

Cannot go wrong with Pogies (bar mitts). I used to use a version of these (neoprene) for winter kayaking in Virginia. Did not need to wear gloves in the river in February.

I use these all winter long riding my bike. Kemimoto ATV Gloves, I never need to wear gloves with these. The fleece lining keeps your hands toasty warm. There is a Velcro slot for mirrors or bar mounted lights. Waterproof, windproof, and there is a slot for your phone wit ha touch sensitive window.

Cannot go wrong, you'll never go back to gloves. Search for "pogies" on Amazon.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 205
I use these plain old 5 fingered hunting gloves from LL Bean. They have a special finger tip which lets me use the touch screens on the bike display, cell phone and GPS unit.

They aren't heated but if it's that cold, I don't ride anyway.

Guru, have you just tried proper skiing gloves? These are waterproof, windproof and very, very warm.
(Skiers know what winter, wind and snow really mean...)

What I've done and liked, took a pair of suede leather insulated gloves and tore the liner out or just a regular pair of leather gloves that are slightly oversized. Find a good pair of wool gloves like minus33 makes and wear these inside of the leather gloves. They breath and are warm. The leather gloves can be a little cumbersome unless they are a good fit, but they are warm.

I don't think it's a good idea, I've done it.
Ski gloves are very bulky, it was impossible for me to use shifter precisely and even grabbing brake lever was difficult.
It was actually hard for me to switch my hands from handlebars to brake lever.
the ones I posted I can do anything I need. they actually work better at shifting and such then the Pearl Izumi lobster claw gloves I have

I reviewed these back in September as part of Amazon Vine. I get the goods, they get a review. The price has dropped, and there are a lot of reviews. Like so many Chinese products with Lithium batteries, there is just a flood of new stuff, new brands. I reviewed a little cordless chain saw and now there are dozens. The Chinese are not waiting for an American company to import products and slap their US name on it.

I like these gloves. It's a nice leather. They heat almost instantly. They are warm. The gripe for me is that the heat collects on the top of my hand (fingers) when they are curled around the bar. So I lower the heat setting or move my fingers a lot. But they are nice but thick gloves. I can't do much wearing any glove, like pick stuff up, but it's fine for the twist throttle, the brakes, and the shifter.

If you search for heated gloves on Amazon, you are going to get a lot of products. Maybe you can get an idea of what you want, or what the weak points are for any glove.

20211003_085009.jpg

Power in motion heated glove liners. I have a pair they work you wear them as a liner. I wear them with my Planet Bike Borealis cycling gloves.

Power in motion heated glove liners. I have a pair they work you wear them as a liner. I wear them with my Planet Bike Borealis cycling gloves.
Ditto to that.

@GuruUno - What type of riding do you do and how cold does it get in your neck of the woods?

I’ve relied on heated glove liners to keep my hands warm during the cold winters up here in Alberta, Cda and pair them with insulated lobster mitts. I like the fact that they fit close to my skin and my outer mitts provide that extra layer of warmth when the temp drops down to -30C. They’re definitely not cheap but my hands thank me for it every time when I venture out in the cold.

The new versions are also touch screen sensitive and have a battery level indicator incorporated into the power button. So much more preferable than removing your glove and exposing skin to freezing temperatures. I wouldn’t recommend inserting the battery into the glove pocket and recommend using the stickman cable and tucking the batteries inside a jacket pocket. I happen to wear a Motionheat belt that has its own battery pockets and handy plugs built in for the glove and boot liner connections. The company is based in Calgary, Alberta.

IMG_20201024_2028504.jpgIMG_20210201_1006025.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it's a good idea, I've done it.
Ski gloves are very bulky, it was impossible for me to use shifter precisely and even grabbing brake lever was difficult.
It was actually hard for me to switch my hands from handlebars to brake lever.
My brother commutes daily in skiing gloves on his Trance E+... Before it is too cold (I have ridden at -7C lately), I wear modern motorcycle gloves that are bulky, too. It does not make operating the shifters or brake levers more difficult.

I could never buy the Pearl Izumi lobster gloves here but I had similar ones from the German CHIBA. The most important in winter cycling gloves is these should be waterproof and windproof.

Of course nothing wrong with electrically heated gloves if one needs them. There's only one question: For how long will the batteries really hold their charge?

1639424377278.png

My motorcycle gloves. These are even touch sensitive!

these have been good for 3 years. though the zipper jammed on one battery pocket.
they. have worked in the rain and wind. then you go up a bunch of steps.
I have these also and can't fault them, I can even use my phone without removing them!

I've reviewed some of the discussions here, cannot seem to pin down what gloves to consider for winter riding.
Mostly fingers get cold, moisture doesn't help.
Neither does bulkiness.
Does anyone have that perfect pair with no complaints, the cost is immaterial, want the best, overall best there is?
I just did a review of the Kemimoto jacket, gloves and socks.

these have been good for 3 years. though the zipper jammed on one battery pocket.
they. have worked in the rain and wind. then you go up a bunch of steps.
I agree on these gloves, they have been very good for me even in freezing/snowy conditions. An extra pair of batteries on board can be good to have if the heat is maxed.

I have the same gloves as fooferdoggie and so far (going into my second winter) I've been happy with them. The only negative thing I can say about them is they're a bit on the bulky side, but it hasn't

I had a heated shirt but once I started working harder I dont need it. I was wearing a base layer a 50/50 sweat shirt and a light hoody under my gortex rain coat. last eyar I enver neeeded the hoody this year I don't need the sweat shirt just a long sleeve tee shirt. I still often need to unzip it.

Back