Which headlight is sufficient for trails at night?

Sure, I could add like, the 20 other pictures from other reviews that look the same, but Id rather not :p

I get your point though.

I have the Fisherfab also but I would have bought the Grin had I come across it (not in stock?). The Fisherfab will burn your fingers if you touch it after running at full output. I am concerned with being seen riding during the day at speed as much and night riding sometimes though where cutoff does not apply.

I was looking at the Fisherfab before.... thing looks pretty hefty for a light, but it looks super bright.

I used to ride a 24hr moto enduro and we would create our own batteries to be just enough to last the night at the full output but not more weight than needed. My first intro to making batteries actually.

Full disclosure this is a friend from the moto side but I will vouch for their quality:

Yeah Id be wary of anything that claims to be over 1000 lumens and less than 100 dollars.

Yeah Id be wary of anything that claims to be over 1000 lumens and less than 100 dollars.
rest assured this is us based link, and i have bought and returned a product which was not the right item i needed and rma was prepaid from seller, very nice seller indeed.

here are night shots of my acebeam on medium and high power,
mind u i was running my flashlight on a 5v powerbank cause the battery on flashlight died during ride which as usual wasn't fully charged before ride, but i believe the stock 3500mah 18650 cell is down to 75% capacity after over 2 years of use...

Attachments

• IMG_5285.jpg
    IMG_5285.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_5286.jpg
    IMG_5286.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 298
Just got in my Outbound Lighting Focal Road Light and I couldnt wait until nighttime to fully test it yet, but you better believe once it rolls around Ill be out there :p

For it being daytime it still sure is blindingly bright and has a great color profile on the beam. The cutoff point seems to be very straight and focused like the company claimed. The battery pack and wiring all seems very sturdy and reinforced. I am geeking out fully over this light and I am very satisfied so far.

IMG_2167.JPGIMG_2176.JPGIMG_2178.JPGIMG_2177.JPG

Cygolight beam...
IMG_2174.JPG

Outbound Lighting beam...
IMG_2171.JPG

I like how the light spread out sideways.

Most bicycle lights have one focal point, like a flashlight.

Very true and one of the main reasons why I choose this light, it has a huge light 'carpet' (what they refered it to) where it lights the whole area around you, basically like a car headlight...instead of a flashlight 'spot' light.

Outbound Lighting has awesome lens technology.

i have to admit the light has decent spread to it for the dark night ride and really like how that cut off works,
also the price is doable with 3 years warranty wow,
only thing left is to take some shots of my fisher fab at night time and bring em to the table!!!

Very true and one of the main reasons why I choose this light, it has a huge light 'carpet' (what they refered it to) where it lights the whole area around you, basically like a car headlight...instead of a flashlight 'spot' light.

Outbound Lighting has awesome lens technology.
i assume these night shots were at highest settings???

i assume these night shots were at highest settings???

I had it in adaptive mode, so High/Medium

"Adaptive Mode” which is a timed mode that starts on high for 15 minutes, and then over the course of 30 minutes it drops to Medium as your eyes adapt to the darkness. Nothing fancy, but it helps extend your runtime by over an hour, and since the light changes so slowly as your eyes adapt the perceived brightness stays the same."

Pretty cool stuff.

oh yeah, i do sometimes feel that the spread is insane on my fisherfab but i try to keep the angle super low so it doesn't blind oncoming traffic,
do u know any bike light that has cutoff design to it?

This one has a cutoff. I have it and it's great

Kryptonite Incite X8 Rechargeable Headlight

Attachments

• 44CB1F9D-C25F-496F-B7F2-7505D89B083B.jpeg
    44CB1F9D-C25F-496F-B7F2-7505D89B083B.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 158
For the money,
Outbound lighting road edition and trial edition are the best!!!!

Yep, still loving my Outbound Lighting Road Edition. It's still just as bright as when I first got it + the battery life on the unit lasts throughout a good few rides without having to worry about it. I am actually using the nifty carrying case they gave along with the Road Edition for strapping on the rear rack and carrying my fast charger if I am going a distance.

Back