Which ebike company seems to be staying in business

I only have personal experience with 4 online companies,Biktrix,Rize E-Bike,Ariel Rider,Rad Power and i feel safe recommending Biktrix, great company great bikes.
I have a feeling your not super concerned with top speed and power so i would also suggest you go to your Local bike shop and test ride some bikes, coming from a 250 hub drive i think you will be more than impressed with some of the middrive offerings! Just understand that any company can go belly up or just stop servicing a certain model.

Last edited:
I have a Yukon Xm26 and want to buy another eBike in near future and want a good company that will be in business and has good parts replacement if needed.
Im on the west coast of florida. The Yukon has been a good bike for over 2 years but will be looking for something new soon with larger motor and battery.
The problem at this point in time is there lack of reliable drive components as evidenced with the very limited warranties being provided by the bike companies. To say that you get what you pay for does not apply with current e-bikes if durabilty is the measure.

My take- buy a bike built using generic components (e.g. Bafang,Shimano, etc.). These parts will always be available (and reasonably priced) even if the bike manf. goes under.....

The only time it should make any difference if your bike manf. stays in business or not, is if they are the only one that can supply the part you need to repair your bike!

No brand loyalty here. I think of bikes (and a lot of other stuff) as a commodity. Like a bale of hay.....

Not sure where you are at on the west coast of Florida but there is a substantial network of trek dealers in the gulf coast areas. I am partial to Trek and Electra which is owned by Trek. Service and convenience is important to me. I love the Electra Townie GO in also the Vale performance sport, and the Path GO series but being an old Roadie that loves the feel and performance of good components on a bike. I stopped doing maintenance on my bikes and the Trek Dealers do a fine job with that. Trek/Electra is not going away.

Back