Where to Buy Kiox retrofit kit?

I have a Kiox on my Raleigh Redux and am loving it. I will be getting a new Bulls mountain bike soon and it comes with the Purion, which I want to upgrade to the Kiox. I can't seem to find any Retrofit kits, and even through our QBP account, the Kiox itself is only available as a replacement for another Kiox.

Did Bosch stop selling the Retrofit kits, or were they never available? Thought I remember seeing them before.

yes, that is very simple swap. The Smartphone Hub and Kiox share the same remote style and wiring down to the drive unit.
Do you have any update to the Nyon 2 CES 2020 teaser video? Specifucally:

1. When will it be available in the US?
2. Does it use the Intuvia mount or will a Kiox or Nyon2-specific retrofit kit be necessary?
3. Backwards compatible with Gen2?

And clarification, if you have any information or even an opinion: why both the Kiox and Nyon2? The graphics are very similar. The Nyon2 will be larger and perhaps better mapping as compared to Nyon? TIA.

Do you have any update to the Nyon 2 CES 2020 teaser video? Specifucally:

1. When will it be available in the US?
2. Does it use the Intuvia mount or will a Kiox or Nyon2-specific retrofit kit be necessary?
3. Backwards compatible with Gen2?

And clarification, if you have any information or even an opinion: why both the Kiox and Nyon2? The graphics are very similar. The Nyon2 will be larger and perhaps better mapping as compared to Nyon? TIA.

Currently, the teaser is all there is available....sorry!

1) Late summer/early fall
2) It will be using a different mount unto itself. However, to my knowledge, the wiring/remote will be the same as the Kiox and Smartphone Hub.
3) I have not gotten full confirmation on its backwards compatibility, but will follow up.

hi Stephen
i asked my Bosch dealer here in Miami FL and he told me that Kiox retrofit kit is not available yet locally
is my dealer not getting latest info
thanks

I got one from my dealer. but they had issues with the wiring. they are still trying to work it out. but it requires a motor drop and running new wires. the wire tubes in my bike were so tight it was a battle to get the wires through and something may have been damaged.

thats interesting fooferdoggie
what ebike do you have
i asked my dealer and he stated that he does not have kiox (not available to him yet)
so i am somewhat confused

it is a bulls. the wire tube is so small the the cable end almost wont fit. it wraps around the steerer tube gets squashed by the battery. they had to tear my bike down to the nub to get the wire through took them 3 hours. something got messed up and now they are trying to fi it. may not be the best idea to upgrade a bosch. this is new so there may be bugs.

it is a bulls. the wire tube is so small the the cable end almost wont fit. it wraps around the steerer tube gets squashed by the battery. they had to tear my bike down to the nub to get the wire through took them 3 hours. something got messed up and now they are trying to fi it. may not be the best idea to upgrade a bosch. this is new so there may be bugs.
Sounds like a less than ideal experience, I'm sorry to hear it.

Keep in mind... wire routing in/on the frame, etc., is deigned by the OEM. This means that while some models of Bosch-equipped eBike may have a complex and laborious re-route process, others may be very simple due to external cable routing, etc.

I have one demo bike that has everything routed externally, and can therefore have just about anything swapped in a few minutes time. I have another demo bike that is so incredibly complex due to the sophisticated OEM design and integration that I avoid doing anything on it that's not absolutely necessary.

In reality, most models I've encountered fall somewhere in between... reasonably straightforward to work on.

Sounds like a less than ideal experience, I'm sorry to hear it.

Keep in mind... wire routing in/on the frame, etc., is deigned by the OEM. This means that while some models of Bosch-equipped eBike may have a complex and laborious re-route process, others may be very simple due to external cable routing, etc.

I have one demo bike that has everything routed externally, and can therefore have just about anything swapped in a few minutes time. I have another demo bike that is so incredibly complex due to the sophisticated OEM design and integration that I avoid doing anything on it that's not absolutely necessary.

In reality, most models I've encountered fall somewhere in between... reasonably straightforward to work on.
ep mine falls into the complex and now what the hell is wrong with it (G) they got the new battery cable but that did nto fix it. but time is a issue since shops are really busy so that does not help.

Back