Where are all the goodies from Interbike?

Yep, I rode some Haibike SDUROs today. Agreed, very quiet! Compared to some of the higher-end XDUROs I've ridden at Motostrano, the SDURO Cross SM's shifting wasn't as precise, but then again, it's a much less expensive bike, so that can be forgiven, and its shifter cable tension may not even have been adjusted properly to begin with, so who knows. The SDUROs seemed to offer some good acceleration on the test track, but then again, you can't really get going any faster than 19MPH or so on the test track, so it's hard to tell how it would perform in other scenarios. I look forward to spending more time with an SDURO soon.

I took an SDURO over the offroad bumpy section of the test track and promptly almost fell off. Note to self: avoid MTB sections. ;-)

I'm really hoping some of Haibike's off road models (either sduro or xduro) will be speed pedalec. I've heard rumors this is the case. Can anyone confirm? I'd love to know specs and release date!

@Cameron Newland Great job!

I'm intrigued about this Yamaha lineup. Apparently they have been kicking around Europe. There's kind of a 'Bafang Effect' in the US, where the BBS02 has defined the low end of the market. I can't see the dominant European companies just giving up that ground to Bafang. A price of $2500 for a stylish bike that has reasonable performance would push things along.

Was wondering if anyone made it to the Lectric Cycles area. I know @Chris Head was going to poke around the new BBS02 HD. Maybe he knows a little more now. Did they upgrade any parts other than the FET's, the super-fin case?

Hope that @Court is feeling better.

I'm really hoping some of Haibike's off road models (either sduro or xduro) will be speed pedalec. I've heard rumors this is the case. Can anyone confirm? I'd love to know specs and release date!

There will be 5 S-pedelecs in the US in 2016 from Haibike, whereas this year, I think there were only two or three. All of the S-pedelecs will be XDURO (Bosch).

Urban S RX
Race S RX
Trekking S RX (high/low step) (regular, Non-S Trekking RX model limited to 20mph as it has the high torque CX motor)
FullSeven S RX
FullSeven S PRO

Last edited:
Cameron - thank you so much for the 2016 Haibike lineup. Bombshell is an understatement when is comes to the SDuro pricing. $2,499 for a Haibike?!?!? I realize the specs are lower but the SDuro and BH Easy Motion EasyGo could very well open up ebikes to the masses!

This spring, my annual meet up with my high school friends (yes, 6 women in our 50's) was in Blowing Rock, Nc - 3 hours from my house. I brought my Haibike. Everyone loved it but the price was more than any of them were willing to spend or could afford. Sometimes you just want a Honda (SDuro) versus a BMW (XDuro).

But there have been plenty of E bikes for $2499 or less! WE know that a Haibike for that price is a nice change! But Joe Shmoe on the street doesn't know that, or have a reason to care. There's nothing ground breaking thats going to change the rate of E bike growth. "Just" (a nice just) a conceivably "better" bike for 2500. ;)

Back