When was the last time You listened to a record album?

When was the last time you played a record album on a turntable?

• Never

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 25 years ago

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Within the past 30 days

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Today

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • What is a record album?

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
It's not available in vinyl, but this is a link to the first CD I bought in 1981 or '82

It was the only CD I had for over five years.
It cost me over $50 CAD with tax in 1982 money.

It was one of the first hundred CDs ever manufactured.

It came with a warning label saying Don't Turn It Up Too Loud or you'll blow up your amp or speakers.
The CD starts off silent then crickets start chirping quietly with a babbling brook sound.

Then a Jet flies by at Maximum Db's and pops your stereo. 😂

Everyone was expecting to hear the swoosh and pops that they were used hearing with vinyl, but when the CD was playing quietly, it was complete silence.

Then I bought the very first Sony DiscMan available.
That cost me $500 in 1982 or '83

I used to plug it into my car stereo so I could enjoy LOUD Music while being paid to deliver pizzas 🍕

Last edited:
A few of my chronologically challenged pals are spinning vinyl at home and love it. And I think of all the albums I gave away including Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass!

A few of my chronologically challenged pals are spinning vinyl at home and love it. And I think of all the albums I gave away including Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass!

It's the latest Craze.
All the Cool 😎 kids are doing the vinyl.

And it's always fun to give a Maxell cassette tape and Sony Walkman to a millennial and watch them struggle.

8-Track tapes are even better.

I know lots of people who threw out their albums, including myself.
Now they're worth Big Bucks, especially if they are in good condition.

We've got a shellac 5 inch disc that my grandfather sent from Ceylon, he used one of those booths to record a message, it has holes to pin it to the record deck

He sounds like Prince Charles, but that wasn't unusual back then for people in the middle classes

It's the latest Craze.
All the Cool 😎 kids are doing the vinyl.

And it's always fun to give a Maxell cassette tape and Sony Walkman to a millennial and watch them struggle.

8-Track tapes are even better.

I know lots of people who threw out their albums, including myself.
Now they're worth Big Bucks, especially if they are in good condition.
I got rid of my parents albums from the 50s and 60s, Sinatra, Sergio Mendez and Brasil 66 and my 1910 Fruitgum Company Yummy Yummy Yummy and The Archies Sugar Sugar! We had a giant estate sale when my mom died and 1 guy bought all the albums. I wanna say for 50 bucks or less-and there was a lot.

We've got a shellac 5 inch disc that my grandfather sent from Ceylon,

I remember a plastic sheet insert that came in a National Geographic magazine.
You pulled it out from inside the magazine and set it on top of a regular album to play it.
It was "The sounds of the Humpback Whale".

I got another one inside a Mad Magazine in the early 80's.
It was supposed to be Alfred E. Neuman singing something.

Back